Traveller information (trade items for presents)

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

Traveller information (trade items for presents)

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun May 03, 2009 5:26 pm

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_the_Traveler

Nicholas the Traveler is a traveling collector who appears in various places in Tyria, Cantha, and Elona. He exchanges various stackable items for Gifts of the Traveler.

# The Traveler is known as Nicholas Sandford in Pre-Searing Ascalon.
# You can exchange up to 5 Gifts per account per week.
# His location and requested item changes weekly, specifically every Monday, 7:00 UTC (Monday, 00:00 PT).

* On the first Sunday (26 April 2009), he remained at his old location until 1:30am PT Monday.

# The items he requests depend on his location.

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Traveler (Gifts you can get are locate here)
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: Traveller information (trade items for presents)

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun May 03, 2009 6:51 pm

took me 15 silk on my character today but didnt get anything special
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Well.. humpf.. I figure eventually one of us will get something nice. I want all the minis and of course the sweets. Just think if you get a keg of beer! You can sell that sucker for 50K!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon May 04, 2009 10:51 pm

what is this for ? ive been kinda outta the loop recently lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Tue May 05, 2009 4:31 am

You need to read...the thread title answers your question. ANd eins post gives every detail. WHat more do you need.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue May 05, 2009 6:45 am

Well, I was mistaken about the Keg.. people initially tried to sell it for 50k.. but it's worth 25k in drinking time/points.. but they only seem to sell for 14-15k which isn't right I don't think. I was able to get a Keg of beer last night on the first try. I haven't gotten enough junie berries to trade for the last 5 presents this week. Also, people are selling junie berries for 500-1k each because some people do not have Nightfall in order to collect their presents. It's easy to farm up those berries (2 in 3 minutes).. so I'm thinking what I'll do is offer to exchange 15 berries for 2 presents and let them keep 3 for free. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue May 05, 2009 12:34 pm

{Ru}Lord_Slayer wrote:You need to read...the thread title answers your question. ANd eins post gives every detail. WHat more do you need.

you mean people actually read those posts??? :lol:

j/k :p
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue May 05, 2009 9:47 pm

It's your loss if you don't..
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:25 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_the_Traveler

you should make this link a sticky. this is what i use to find where he is and what he needs.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:38 am

Sure.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:00 pm

I dont think theres any good solo build to farm these. SO we may have to pull our resources together like we did for the FOW. I took a hero party in there and managed to get one drop. Im thinking it would be possible to use heroes and henchies to kill everything up to the stone pillars and then use a elem build like we used against the margolites to farm them solo. But I dont know. This is a busy week for me. If anyone finds a way to do it easy. MAke sure to post it.

I saw 1 guy on there yesterday trying to sell 5 stones for 20k. Thats steep
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:29 am

Yep.. we're right there with 'ya buddy. Bubba and I tried it last night and got 2 (1 each) but we know in order to trigger the stone statues to attack you have to get 25 kills first. Also, taking a minion master is a bad idea as we were SURE that we'd killed 7 groups of wardens but our kill count didn't go up. Only when the PCs or the NPCs (heroes) killed something did we get credit.. but the minions actually hurt our chances. We did 2 runs last night together and immediately realized that the minions killing hurt our chances of getting a stone carving. So.. that's what we know to this point. I think that I will try to 600 smite 'em with Bubba, but the more there that means the more likely their will be drops. I could take a Rit and 330 them but had to watch out for bleeding and knock-downs in normal mode. I don't think hardmode makes sense to do it because the only goal is to kill the most people as soon as possible to complete the run to the stone statues to the left. Yes, the 3 bosses that have the chance of dropping elite tomes would be nice.. but time is money, right? At the moment, I think most people are selling the stone carving for 2-2.5k each. I had about 22 or so but either cannot find them or used them for collector weapons already. It's aggravating too because I have jade bracelets, etc.. tons of other collector items that are hard to get but they didn't pick it this week. ;) Maybe some other time then!

Slayer, I'll be happy to do a run with 'ya this afternoon as soon as I can get home.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:35 pm

the kids and I may be doing a movie tonight but im not sure.And im trying to get all the final details done and things packed for Kayla. She leaves this weekend for a 5 day running camp out of state. SO im not sure tongiht will work . We also get to come into work a hour early tomorrow and leave a hour early so that means I have to get to bed earlier as well.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:18 pm

well me and the kids did 5 runs together and got are 15 stone carvings. We got our route and speed down pretty good at the end. I know Glider and I sure will be up for doing it more with you guys though. We can make a little money. I spend 400,000 on 100 z-keys the other day so im kind of broke. Only have about 50k left :(
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:55 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:Yep.. we're right there with 'ya buddy. Bubba and I tried it last night and got 2 (1 each) but we know in order to trigger the stone statues to attack you have to get 25 kills first. .

Its weird how the statues work. But I think we finally got a solid understanding of them. Actually you need to kill 15 enemys before the statues will crumble. What we found odd was that you actually have to get the message that 15 were slain before you kill a boss. If you dont none of the statues will crumble no matter how many people you kill. we had the message 10 enemys killed and went in and killed the necro boss. Of course the statues didnt do anything. We went on to kill another 50 guys after that and we went to all 4 places the statues crack and none of them cracked. SO getting the kills before the boss is key. Though in all fairness your statement of 25 could be correct because the other mystery is they dont count every kill a kill , We were at 10 enemys kills and we took on a group of 5 guys. After we killed the 5 guys it didnt switch to 15 kills. We had to kill an addition 3 guys before the 15 enemys slain message came up. So all in all , we may be killing 25 guys. BUt all I do know for sure is after the 15 enemys slain message comes up, your good to go.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Next

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub