{Ru} Recruitment

Want to join our team of dedicated gamers? Voting is horrendously slow but we all agree that once you get in, it's well worth it. Admittedly getting in is the hard part because we all have to agree on it. Participation in the forums regularly and gaming with some members is the only way we get to know you. Don't ask otherwise as we're not the flavor of the day so to speak.

{Ru} Recruitment

Postby MSNbot Media on Wed May 11, 2005 12:19 pm

What other requirements do you have other than these ? And I qoute...
"... getting in is the hard part because we all have to agree on it. Participation in the forums regularly and gaming with some members is the only way we get to know you."
Does Ru have any practice matches?
Do you compete with other teams?
Any specific server you play on?
What days/nights do you play mostly?
Any donations accecpted?
Fourm upkeep by members?
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed May 11, 2005 3:00 pm

Any donations accecpted?
Fourm upkeep by members?

1.) No practice matches. Some of our members participated as ringers for DWI when they were in the ET ladders.. if Ranger gets something like that going again.. if that is something that interests members they are welcomed to do it. No requirements though.

2.) Not really. We generally play as a team when we can. We're just here to have fun as friends. So we don't have practice or schedules or minumum hours to play.

3.) Right now it's been |PC|Newbies Welcome for Wolf and for Guild Wars we hop on the same server whenever possible.

4.) You can bet money most of us will be playing Friday/Saturday nights anywhere from 9PM until as late as 5am. However, since most of us have picked up Guild Wars we've been playing the crap out of it. I've even noticed that Slayer has quit turning his X-FIRE program on to hide the hours he's been logging. ;)

5.) You want to send in money! Hell yeah! Actually, Ranger ran the website for us for free and now I run the website at my expense. Since we do not participate in ladders there is no fee collected. However, we would encourage you to join us playing the Guild Wars game if that interests you. We haven't actively started to recruit yet(in GW).. but it's only a matter of time. Once we get the cape.. and Guild House.. (build it and they will come) so to speak. If the website becomes a burden I might ask.. but I doubt it will. No fees of any kind.

6.) Participation is appreciated in the forums.. you've done fine. We've gotten to know you. Most of us have had a chance to play some rounds with you. If you want to officially request a vote.. please hang with us on a Friday/Saturday. I think most of us have played several games with you on the Beach but give Guinness* (et al) a chance to meet you since I cannot speak for them.

*Guinness is generally the hold out on voting. :P

I don't know if you seen it or not.. but the two main rules that we definitely have are these:

A.) You must submit a pic of yourself before you gain access to the private members' areas.

B.) Under no circumstances (providing you get voted in) do you share your access or disclose any personal information within. No sharing of pics of members, names, no disclosure of major greeting card jobs.. err... I mean personal stuff! I think you understand.

We vote oh so slowly.. you can watch dust form. However, I will keep you posted if you are interested.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Wed May 11, 2005 3:34 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:. I've even noticed that Slayer has quit turning his X-FIRE program on to hide the hours he's been logging. ;)

youve noticed that huh? lol Nothig gets by you ......lol
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Wed May 11, 2005 3:56 pm

Ein... does that mean i gotta post a pic? lol... never got to it
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby MSNbot Media on Wed May 11, 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply and all the info Ein, and yea, I'm interested in joining up...
I'll try to be out there more on the weekend evenings. I just need to adjust my sleep habits cuz I work midnights.
I get off work on Friday morn at 7:30 am and usally stay up till I drop, and that's around 9:00 pm...so I miss all the good stuff.
You'll see me out there this weekend though...
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed May 11, 2005 7:01 pm

I can start a vote if you want. It's going to take a while anyway.. so if you can play Friday/Saturday.. I'll ask that everyone try to play Wolf looking for you. Also.. it's not playing ability per se.. team work and fitting in. I think you have both so don't sweat it.

Just let me know if I should start the vote thread. It's damn near the pope voting process. I've gotten lazy on my bretheren here.. here is the test website with a bit more info on our crew. It's designed for a 1280x1024 video resolution and isn't finished. However, you might get a kick out of the members section which will also be modified per suggestions. http://www.reconunit.com/recon/recon.html

-EIN

P.S.: Yes Mr. Slayer.. I have eyes in the back of my head. At work while waiting for another manager to get off the phone.. I noticed a woman looking at me while she was working. With my back still turned I just waved at her. Before she could say, "You've got eyes in the back of your head." I had already started pointing to the back of my head. I should have said that I read minds too after she said it. :twisted:

P.S.S.: Kid.. due to your age that's your father's decision. I'd host the pic if he's ok with it. We all want to see 'ya buddy. Yet, also have to get a pic of {Ru}Bubba. I'll get that soon guys.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Wed May 11, 2005 7:30 pm

I look like a younger form of my dad.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby Francis [Bot] on Thu May 12, 2005 8:47 am

Hmmmm....... been in ET land,and console bliss for the past few months,but i say if you kill me 3 times in a row you're in :twisted: Or if i kill you 3 times in a row........ you can still get in :lol: :oops: ARGHHH@@@@@ So many games to finish,and now i will probably buy GuildWars too. :?
Francis [Bot]
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 am

Vic, you being a rpg guy. You have to get Guild Wars. This is the best game I ever played. SO much fun. Even outdoes Baldurs Gate and WOlf. I cant get enough.....
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Thu May 12, 2005 9:06 am

Lol... wolf has been replaced??
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Thu May 12, 2005 9:07 am

{Ru}Kid wrote:Lol... wolf has been replaced??

never replaced, just moved off to the side for a little bit.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 12, 2005 9:58 am

Ok.. DAGO should we start the vote?

BTW, you don't have to play Guild Wars with us. It would be great.. but if it's not your cup of tea.. np.
-EIN
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby Google [Bot] on Thu May 12, 2005 10:36 am

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:
Any donations accecpted?
Fourm upkeep by members?

1.) No practice matches. Some of our members participated as ringers for DWI when they were in the ET ladders.. if Ranger gets something like that going again.. if that is something that interests members they are welcomed to do it. No requirements though.

2.) Not really. We generally play as a team when we can. We're just here to have fun as friends. So we don't have practice or schedules or minumum hours to play.

3.) Right now it's been |PC|Newbies Welcome for Wolf and for Guild Wars we hop on the same server whenever possible.

4.) You can bet money most of us will be playing Friday/Saturday nights anywhere from 9PM until as late as 5am. However, since most of us have picked up Guild Wars we've been playing the crap out of it. I've even noticed that Slayer has quit turning his X-FIRE program on to hide the hours he's been logging. ;)

5.) You want to send in money! Hell yeah! Actually, Ranger ran the website for us for free and now I run the website at my expense. Since we do not participate in ladders there is no fee collected. However, we would encourage you to join us playing the Guild Wars game if that interests you. We haven't actively started to recruit yet(in GW).. but it's only a matter of time. Once we get the cape.. and Guild House.. (build it and they will come) so to speak. If the website becomes a burden I might ask.. but I doubt it will. No fees of any kind.

6.) Participation is appreciated in the forums.. you've done fine. We've gotten to know you. Most of us have had a chance to play some rounds with you. If you want to officially request a vote.. please hang with us on a Friday/Saturday. I think most of us have played several games with you on the Beach but give Guinness* (et al) a chance to meet you since I cannot speak for them.

*Guinness is generally the hold out on voting. :P

I don't know if you seen it or not.. but the two main rules that we definitely have are these:

A.) You must submit a pic of yourself before you gain access to the private members' areas.

B.) Under no circumstances (providing you get voted in) do you share your access or disclose any personal information within. No sharing of pics of members, names, no disclosure of major greeting card jobs.. err... I mean personal stuff! I think you understand.

We vote oh so slowly.. you can watch dust form. However, I will keep you posted if you are interested.

can this post be any longer
Google [Bot]
Forum Sergeant First Class
Forum Sergeant First Class

Postby MSN [Bot] on Thu May 12, 2005 11:36 am

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:We vote oh so slowly.. you can watch dust form. However, I will keep you posted if you are interested.

Ents's council? :lol:

Btw what happened to PurpleMonkeyDish?
MSN [Bot]
Greenie - a.k.a. new guy

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 12, 2005 11:53 am

Yeah.. it's like that council sorta.

PMD.. had some issues outside the game he was dealing with. We don't know his situation at the moment and he's not been back with us for some time. He's still a member and knows how to find us if he starts playing again.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Next

Return to {Ru} Recruitment