GW2 Weekend Beta

Patches, new games, free games, cheats for games, etc...

GW2 Weekend Beta

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjgKGFcKfM

Good footage...

What race do you think you'll play?
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: GW2 Weekend Beta

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am

{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 am

elementalisty most likely
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:07 am

What? No male warrior? Surely you are not going to let Lord Slayer cease to exist?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:24 am

in the end of Gw, I could hardly stomach playing my Warrior anymore.At some point, I may create one.But it wont be to further down the list
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 am

Alright, spill the beans on this one. Was it the power of the Ele.. or was it the weak attacks of the warrior? You realized they nerfed many skills we all liked to use from the beginning. It will be the same with GW2.. so I've reserved myself to just enjoy whatever may be when it is.. and look forward to seeing what will become of it.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue May 01, 2012 5:14 pm

race no clue,probably an engineer though
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Yes, most definitely an engineer. I don't know about different races but all Necros.. or a mix of races and classes. Maybe I'll just be a racist against Charr and never play one. The plant people don’t much appeal to me at all. I might like to play a Charr shaman but we’ll see what that looks like. The only thing I'm wishing they had was a Ritualist class.. that's a bummer for me. I can understand the deal with the Monk not existing but spread out. With my necro I could do wonders with wells of blood or wells of power.. but it's all good by me for the most part (again, hopefully they'll bring back a Rit). I look forward to seeing a new version of Cantha as that was very aesthetically pleasing to play through and the music was some of the best. I hope that Elonia gets one hell of a makeover as I couldn't stand playing in the 80% desert maps. The buildings/architecture was nice and reminded me of many sheiks or stories from the Arabian Nights' tales but don't care for that big of a game expansion that included a bland desert. I never really cared for the whole story with Kormir or her becoming a 'god' but really liked the old general that becomes a selectable hero and of course the woman that turned evil you have to kill in the end (and is also a cool mini pet).

For classes: Necro, Mesmer, Ranger, (one warrior/protector type), Engineer, Thief/Rogue. Not sure about the others.

For races: Human, Norn, Asura, (Charr/Plant People – maybe). I’d have to see what skill sets they get from their race.

Jobs: Jeweler, Miner, Crafter, Alchemist, Cook (not sure what other jobs are available)

You get 5 character slots from what I’m reading unless that changes before release date but that’s the same as when GW was released… or did we only get 4. I know we only got 2 slots each time we added on an expansion pack. Yeah, it was 4 because on my main account I have 9 slots and I only paid for 1 slot. 4+2+2+1 (original+Cantha+Elonia+ 0 Eye of North + 1 extra).

Slayer says I’m too excited about the game. Maybe, maybe not but I do look forward to enjoying the game like we did when the original GW came out before they nerfed the crap out of stuff. Ironically like the Crystal Desert.. I loved killing the griffons. They have said it time and again that since they have separated the PvP and PvE (or combined?) that it’s now less likely to have to balance as often etc. I don’t believe that for a second but as long as it’s ‘less often’ I can live with it. One thing is that I’m glad they incorporated the WoW auction house. That alone is a major improvement, just the ideal of not having to lug around a full inventory sounds sweet. You also have a permanent instanced house at some point somewhere in the game.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed May 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Just a couple comments.

1) You were worried about us being ont he same server.yadda yadda yadda. If they try to follow suit with wow,, You can create characters on multiple servers.But then that character can only play there uless you pay to have them moved.

2) I see your both interested in the engineer.It will be interwsting to see what they do with the eng. In wow, The engie could make some cool things but overall wasnt a very good money making class.I havent read up on how the engineer is going to work in GW2.But im betting they take a lot of WOWs ideas and throw them into this game.
I do like the Auction house as well.Beats sitting in town spamming what you want to sell while you could be doing something else. But there are plenty of asshats that will undercut the value of what your putting o the market by putting the same item up really cheap.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 am

Follow-up:
#1: (Unless something is changed) per an article in Forbe’s magazine on first impressions of the Beta weekend that just ended - You pick one server for all of your characters. If you pay to pick a new server, all of your characters follow to the new server you pick. Apparently that would be different from WoW currently based on what you say happens there. I just don’t see me paying to pick a new server to play at unless there is something seriously wrong with the people playing on that server. With UO (Ultima Online) you could play on different servers from a drop down list but were automatically put on the server you had the best connection/closest to when you initially connected to the UO network. I’m sure it’s the same with WoW (and most likely will be on other MMO servers including GW2), in UO there are some items that sell better than on other servers based on the players that are there. Sure, you still have a high demand for something universal like Ecto, but for example on one server I could fish all day and cook the fish (gave immediate health bonus in combat) that sold for say 6g each on the server I played on.. however, when there was a network adjustment I got moved to a different server but on that server the daily average was 3g per fish cooked. That’s a 50% drop in profit for the same effort for such a small commodity. I’m sure that say.. player made items on one server may sell for more than on another server. Also, it probably has a direct effect based on how populated a server is. From Forbe’s it sounds like the European servers were had “low” population while the US servers were “Full” or “High”. It was also reported that the lag was horrible the first day or so.

#2: I’m glad you mentioned that about money making classes. I suspect, just like UO or in GW there will be classes that will essentially be mules/money makers while others will be the ones that you actually do content with. It’s nothing new but there will be a preferred class just like say the Ele was in GW. I don’t understand based on reading to what extent you can craft items; nor do I understand the extent that you can ‘manufacture’ raw materials used for crafting items. In UO, you could mine, before I quit, about 10 different types of metal and maybe as many types of jewels. They then had to be refined from ingots or rough jewels into bars or cut jewels. At that point you had to know metal working + had to have an anvil (a few free ones were in town) and then had to work at it until your skill was high enough to make ‘poor, low, cheap, standard, mid-level, good, high, professional, superior and finally expert/legendary’ armor (about 10 levels from low to high). The merchants would buy so many of ‘X’ item before it would disappear if not bought up by players. That would be AWESOME if GW2 did something very similar to that. I always wanted to get to legendary archery crafting skills but only got to expert level. I chopped and refined and whittled only to get to like 97% just shy of the best skills to make the best archery items. My best understanding in GW2 is that you still have to gather raw materials, refine them some way, then you can manufacture items. The only thing I could find about information was maybe 3 levels of quality. You wouldn’t have to work for weeks/months just to get to the expert level supposedly. Of course all of it could change or will probably change at release or thereafter release. In UO, the people that played first got to quickly level up their skills to expert crafters etc. Then after so many people started filling up the servers, they cut the rate at which you could advance to ‘limit’ the number of master crafters. Then after that wasn’t good enough to cut down on the number of people, they started implementing ‘atrophy’ that if you didn’t play (it was pay to play) for a full 24 hour period your skills would begin to be lowered by some mathematical percentage each 24 hour period you didn’t play. Then they implemented a faster rate for more than a week not playing etc.

Sadly, I will sell things below market just to get them out of inventory. I’m the bastard that would do that. If you want 2k, I’ll sell it for 1.8k or something like that.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

i just hope ill be able to play it when it comes out lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Return to Gaming Discussion