Battlefield 3 - PC Edition

Patches, new games, free games, cheats for games, etc...

Battlefield 3 - PC Edition

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Humm.. well, what to say. I have I think a crash issue due to Vista.. not sure. It’s only crashed 3 times but I have to update my motherboard drivers. I have Vista updated, DX11 and the latest drivers for the nVidia GTX 560 Ti card I picked up for this gaming run. So… once I get the crash thing worked out, I get into the game. How real does the game need to be you ask? By the time I downloaded the Origin client and all the other patches I only got to play for about 40 minutes.

I got my ass kicked and I don’t even know if I was playing on a hardcore server or not. I don’t think that one of the servers I played on was hardcore or I missed several close range shots. Once I got some of the crouch/prone items set up for my configuration (I try to keep as many defaults as I can), I started to earn some points. It’s obvious that some people have played the demo and do very well or maybe know the maps well. I never played any map that I was familiar with from previous BF games.

Once I started running with a squad mate or two, I got my bearings straight and started doing ok. I got promoted once in rank and once or twice in a class. When I first started I was shooting at my own teammates because I didn’t understand the color scheme of who was what etc. I did figure out pretty quick that I was on the losing team for capture the flag. One map was critical about keeping pressure on the center of the map. Once our team lost what would be ‘our side’ of the bridge we were forked.

The game keeps you from spawn camping the enemy base (which is good) but if you spawn in on your squad mates you are kinda disoriented for just a second.. but can get killed in that second. So you need to carefully plan when you spawn in. I disabled and blew up 4 or 5 tanks last night just in the 40 or so minutes. Vehicles are not terribly overpowered but you sure don’t want to get caught out in the open (grassy field, parking lot, wide street, etc.) I took out a tank with two guys in it by running around a rock formation that they couldn’t get around. One jumped out of the tank to get me but I was lying down in the grass when he came running over the hill and I killed ‘em. Then the other guy jumped out after I disabled the tank and we got into a fire fight. I was strafing shooting him with a pistol but we double killed each other.

The best times I had were when I was partnering up with one of the squad members. This really does seem to be a great team game. Anyway, some of the crashing might be the interface to connect to the game.. you have to go through a web browser like opening.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: Battlefield 3 - PC Edition

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:57 pm

so what are the requirements for the game? i was leaning towards ps3 and a keyboard mouse controller to shoe Briannas boyfriend that pld farts can shoot the crap out of the young guys. but if the upgrades i need arent to much, i could go pc.,it would be a honor to game with you again.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm

i read up on the specs and my first order of bussiness is to find out if i can overclock my dualcore 1.8gh computer to a 2.0gh.if thats possible,i just have to upgrade my video card as i have plenty of nemory
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Well.. I got kicked 2 times tonight with playing about almost 2 hours. I had to manually update PBuster and I think that might be part of the problem. I will intentionally try a non-PB server to test this out. Also.. I still run Vista Ultimate.. which they recommend Win 7. I have a Quad core and upgraded the video card from a 9800 GT but never tested it on Beta to see how it would work/look/play. The new video card is nice but most of the game has a crap load of exploding bricks, bullets etc. From the Tweets/update log they are having issues with the PC side of PB and server problems with Xbox. It's the normal problems for probably the first 2 weeks.. maybe even 3 of a launch game until they get the quirky bugs worked out. I can say it's NOT like BlackOps was for PC that I'd read on the Video Game Forums of Amazon in that most PC players couldn't even play for the first 2 weeks because of crashes. I crash but I've seen improvement already and tonight the game ran smoother. I did much better tonight also.. I broke even most of the times. Also they have fast rank servers like COD so that would explain why some 18 level folks were running around (unless they played solid for 2 days.. it's possible). It's fun.. I don't know what the hell I'm really doing but I know to look for the orange dots on my screen. Kinda pisses me off I just got knifed in teh back.. I cannot set my knife to the mouse scroll wheel.. it is currently set to F. That wouldn't be so bad if you use the in game chatting rather than Ventrillo. That's not really gonna work if though if you wanted to talk to others in Vent.

So.. I'd definitely try it out on PS3.. so if you want to get that.. I'll cut something out to get it. If you get a chance you could download the free PC demo of Battlefield to see if you can run it as is.. and if it's playable. I was thinking to disable some of the eye candy to see if the game runs smoother or without crashing occasionally. I don't know if this is a COD:MW3 killer or not but I really loved the BF:BC2 game.. had to quit playing a 2nd time. As I see it.. if you only get a video card you'll be getting ready for the release of GW2 anyway. I'd still try the demo first. I'd try the PS3 also.. there are other games to play there as well.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to Gaming Discussion