hmmm,not sure ill like playing with default configs

Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Screenshots.. the mother of all great FPS with the best MP maps has returned!

hmmm,not sure ill like playing with default configs

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm

I cant get my configs to execute. I did a search on this and its a big problem for people with Vista and the 2.6 patch. One guy said to create a autoexec2.cfg and put your configs in it and then create a plain autoexec.cfg and put a code line in there "exec autoexec2.cfg". He said this worked for him to get his confugs working. I tried it ans when I got in the game and entered "exec autoexec.cfg", It gave me a message that it couldnt exec "autoexec2.cfg"

Ugh, I even tried making a Lordy.cfg and tried ececing that and I got the same message that it couldnt exec it. Im sure the answer is online but im not going to spend all day finding the solution. Ein if you have better luck, post how you do it. I will give you a heads up. If you have a vista computer, You will get booted from the server with this error,"ui_mp_x86.dll failed pure server check" This is a easier fix. What you need to do is right click on your ET.exec and choose to run as a administrator.I have all the maps downloaded so I can play tonight. But of course I will be whining if I cant get my configs to work

Oh yeah and remember to download the Pbsetup from evanbalance so you can update your PB files
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: hmmm,not sure ill like playing with default configs

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Well, I doubt again that I will get to play. I have to go shopping again with my wife in about 10 minutes from this posting. I haven't installed anything either. If I get back before 10ish.. I'll still try to call (assuming you actually answer the phone) to coordinate something. Even if it's just installing or testing something.. even if it's just playing GW or Wolf2.. doesn't matter to me at the moment. It's been.. a stressfull weekend thus far and I'm wanting to do something.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 pm

no dont call, You were naughty and didnt install ET and you havent been shopping straight for 2 days. So im going to play xbox 360 on my couch tonight, I didnt see Vic on last night. I would of hopped on and made a fool of myself if I saw he was playing but I just did other things and downloaded the maps. We need more {Ru}Members... Before Vic stopped back and informed us hes still playing ET, you and I are the only members that game any more together. I really enjoy the group thing.But with no group its just not the same. Either we need to get our act together or shut this site down. Its getting depressing every weekend trying to organize something fun with no takers.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:08 am

Not planning to shut the site down any time soon.. :)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:28 am

if i disappear you will be talking to yourself. ZOg will post about once every month with some link to some galaxy hubble took a pic of. Bubba will post every 3 weeks With some comment like "Interesting" or "Hmmmm" These forums have been pretty much yours and my chat room.Without me you will go insane having conversations with yourself.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Zog on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:32 am

#-o
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:59 am

Are you not already a figment of my imagination?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:33 am

a fig newton maybe.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Oh come on now.. I don't think you're THAT old that you are so shiveled up to look like a fig you old prune! :finga:
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

lol :finga:
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 am

Well.. on the 18th I have to attend a Christmas party with my wife's friends. I don't know any of the people that will be there (the husbands that is). So.. Friday again is out this week. Saturday will have to be spent downloading and setting up the game I guess. Yes, I'll have problems with Vista.. so Slayer you'll have to help me via Vent on Saturday. Did you ever get your configs working?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Whats wrong with getting home from work tonight and downloading it. I know it will take a whopping 5 minutes of your night to start the download. And your never going to believe this. once it finished downloading. It take less than 2 minutes to click the install button. And this is even a bigger shocker. Once in starts installing you can actually walk away from your computer and do other things. SO if you cant find 7 minutes of time to install the game before Saturday, I say the hell with you, Me DQ, Glider and Vic will just play. :butthead:
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh me.. well tonight I have to work on a webpage I actually get paid to work on.. so... that's part of that. :) However, I suppose I should find time on any of the other days besides Friday. That DOES NOT MEAN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HELP ON SATURDAY ON VENT! I WILL STILL NEED YOUR HELP.. yeah.. kinda like hold my hand and show me exactly how to fix the Vista issues.. punk.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm

well now that we have that straight.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 pm

hmmm.... interesting....

just got my internet back yesterday,got my account that was stolen on guild wars back. trying to finalize some plans with ein. Will be willing to play some this weekend if anyone is around,we using that freeloader vent thingy?
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Return to Wolfenstein 2 - Mother of all FPS!