0 people in the world playing the new Wolfenstein

Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Screenshots.. the mother of all great FPS with the best MP maps has returned!

0 people in the world playing the new Wolfenstein

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:06 pm

What gives? Is this the end?
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: 0 people in the world playing the new Wolfenstein

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 pm

it may be 0 right now, but its gonna be 1 in a sec lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:29 pm

waiting patiently on vent.... kayla is ok company, but really lookin for a little more testosterone :P
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:33 pm

just leave a message when we get ein, zoggy and headshot on, We can start up a 3 vs.3 and im sure lure more people on.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:34 pm

10-4
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Well, I had the intentions when I laid down to sleep all night but got woke up. >:(

So.. 0 means no one playing at all or no Ru playing?
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 pm

there was noone at all playing but a bit later sprkytown had 16 ,another euro server had 6 peeps and there was a private server with 8 on. Glideer and I got a couple hours on sparky , Bubba joined us for a bit theb went to eat his Lasagna. I just got back from picking up Brianna from her dance. and im off to bed. Its been a very busy weekend. Spend another 3 hours today shopping which I hate for dress accessories. BUt I bought me a 48inch black light and a couple cool posters to go with it
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 am

Dress posters? ;)

Hummm... I wonder. What kinda of assessories did you get for the dresses? I always like the neck collar.. blue or black.. sometimes red looks good with many dresses. I tell you what.. perhaps you should consider Halloween costumes because they have some nice dresses in that.. but you want to avoid the "riskee" type ones. He he.. I know the costume magazine we got this week had some knockouts on in it.

Ironically.. we were clothes shopping today also. I picked up a few shirts and my son did as well.

Oh.. back to topic...

I just wonder how many weeks this will be around to even play? I'm glad I held off on a server now! I guess the game will be dead in .. maybe another month if that. I know that I feel pretty guilty that Headshot picked it up just last week and now we see even less people playing it. There is no justifiable reason for Activision to even bother to patch the game now. There will be no modders to even do anything with it. The only thing that Activision might do to throw a bone to the ones that paid to play the game.. is release the MP part for free like they did with ET. The game is too far along to even be reworked from what I hear to fix most of the lag. I'm sure some of it could be fixed but it would require a rewrite to get all of it fixed. I tell you what.. I will never buy another product for at least 5 years (enough time for them to shut down or get better) from Endrant or DemonWare who I believe are the primary MP coders. It's not necessarily their fault as Activision might not have given them the time to complete it because plenty of blame can go around. For as many Quality Control names and demo testers I see on the credits for SP/MP.. it makes me sick to think about them releasing it. I've already paid a down payment on Modern Warfare 2 yesterday. I don't mind playing this game with all of the issues.. but you cannot even play alone. Tonight I seen the game get up to 25 players the world over. I bet I could start up RtCW and find more than that. ;)

I'll still play when I can but unless Activision actually does something soon.. there will not even be people to play against.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

I told glider if we can get at least a few more months of multiplayer time in that I wont be to pissed about having bought 2 copies of the game.Um I too was thinking that maybe they will do a free release of it like Et if nothing happens. My only hope is that 9000 dollar tourney in November. Maybe that will bring some peeps out. Though from hearing that rapid fire guy talking about it I thought it was going to be much bigger than a $9000.00

*edit*

well maybe there still is hope. I just launched wolf to see how many people were playing and this is what I saw. I think its a record.lol.

{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Unfortunately that's not going to do us much good if they are European servers.. or the ping is very high. Last night RtCW had more players than Wolf2. :roll: What I'm reading online and hearing from GameStop that Modern Warfare 2 is causing many game launchers to put off until next year games because it'll kill their sales. The PC edition of the game is a whopping $60! Monday is the last day to register a 5 man team for the tournament which will be held on a Wednesday night at 9PM Eastern(or Central).. and I think you have to be able to run WolfPro. The entire game will be run on WolfPro, which aggravates me.. why cannot it be from the original game?

Oh well.. I'll enjoy playing Wolf2 as long as I can but I bet MW2 will pull what few players there are now away. Also, I've not read or heard anything specific enough to be sure that GW2 will be released this Christmas season. With what I'm reading about MW2.. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release until sometime in the 2nd quarter of next year.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

well I hope you wernt going off the pings when you were looking at that list. If you noticed one of the high pingers on that list was rapid fire and you know we all ping good there. I was running Azureus. Bet if I had it turned off, all those would of been low pingers
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:55 pm

we dont paly rapid fire euro though :P just got my net back, some bozo cut into a fraking cable line ugg lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Yeah.. Bubba beat me to a reply.. WFRapidFire have 3 servers... 1 EURO, 1 TEXAS (the one we play on) and 1 New Jersey server that pings better than EURO. I know what you mean about the lag indicator being a little on the false side.. but I think the lag indicator (for me) can give me a birds eye view of how bad the lag spikes will be while I play on that server. I have for the most part (there are sometimes exceptions) the least lag on SparkyTown II and next best is WFRapidFire Texas.. and lastly is the Den of Sin (aka the DEX server).

What's killed this game is the posting in the Wolfenstein forums. What they should have done was shut down the forums for anything non-constructive even to the point of deleting posts that were negative. Don't get me wrong, I hate to censor people about a bad game.. but if the only thing they are doing in the forums is trolling or flaming.. get rid of them. Just about every damn thread I've read over there has no less than 2 or 3 trollers. HP Hawkeye is one of the worst ones from Happy Penguin about trolling. The way he talks you think he'd of bought a dozen copies of Wolf2. I think the bigger issue was that he most likely bet the farm on Wolf2 and got more than heart ache. I, like all of you here, have made the best of a poorly programmed MP game. We can see the good in the bad and have actually gotten past it pretty good.. even with the PunkBuster failures as there obviously still have to be some cheaters there. I think we've even had the opportunity to meet some nice players, even with the pool of players being so small, out in the Wolf2 servers. At this point, I've gotten my money's worth out of the game as compared to time invested in playing it. The best part is we've all got to play some good games too!
-EIN
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Zog on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 am

Well at least i still have the sp to look forward to. I havent touched it since the day after i bought it lol. So i still have a long way to go to finishing the sp mode. I'm sure there will be people still playing mp for a little while, but like you said Ein, when modern warfare 2 comes out...that'll probably be it for Wolf 2 mp. Not sure when i'll get around to picking up MW2 if i decide to get it.
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 am

It's going to be tight to plunk down $60 .. I also ordered the prestige edition that you cannot get anymore. They took 2 million preorders.. and now that's it. I wish I'd gotten the 360 but got the PS3 instead (and the PC standard). Supposedly the night vision can see 50ft. So I might keep it but if the price is right.. probably will eBay it or Craigslist it. ;) Oh me.. if someone can give me $500 for a $150 item.. what joy that would bring to my heart. :twisted:
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Next

Return to Wolfenstein 2 - Mother of all FPS!