Word of warning..

Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Screenshots.. the mother of all great FPS with the best MP maps has returned!

Word of warning..

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:08 am

Word of warning..

Ok.. I think I figured out what Bubba's problem and other people that are losing stuff.. gold.. money stats.. etc. Tonight, I disconnected from the game before the next match and lost everything.. rank.. gold.. unlocks I assume..everything. All my stats had 0 or 0.0 in them. The only thing I had to my game was my name.. that's it.

I didn't panic... much. What I did was before I allowed the game to "quit" I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Del and shut the game down that way. Then started up Wolf again.. and had all my stuff back.

I really do believe this is the problem they are talking about.. there must be a database file that keeps all of this and if it gets corrupted you lose it and have to start over. When I beat the SP version.. they list several database people in the credits. I'll be backing my stuff up to be sure I don't lose it.
-EIN
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: Word of warning..

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:01 am

Well I never understood what the big deal is with you guys losing your rank and gold. I think the whole concept of ranks,gold and perks is the most stupid thing in the world for a first person shooter game. If you want to constantly level up and get things for doing it,Go buy and play a RPG game. Thats what those games are about and thats where the idea came from. Whoever decided to throw that into first person shooter games must have been dropped on there head as a baby or was smoking a big bowl when they came up with the idea. But as for WOlf, The rank and gold no longer mean a thing. SO who cares if you lose it. It doesnt help you any. It serves no more purpose other than to feed ones own ego. Let the shooting brag you up not the rank or gold. As for your lost stats.You shouldnt care. People who your playing against have no idea what your stats say on your computer.The stats will eventually be online unless the developers decide its not worth the time and effort. ANd those stats are what people are going to be looking at. SO quit sweating the small stuff and buy a RPG game if you guys are that concerned about leveling up and getting things for doing so.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:25 pm

What? Are you stupid or short term memory? We just got through talking about the unlocks yesterday!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Lol, a little harsh, but acceptable :) and Lordy, the stats are already online :( , and the opnly time it irritates me is when i lose all my upgrades and have to start over again, losing a coupla levels here and there isnt too bad, but when i lose ALL my upgrades, i have to start alll over trying to earn gold to buy them, and its irritating to try to go up against someone who has the flak jacket and self heal when u dont have anything at all lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Well yeah it was harsh but Slayer and I had this conversation just yesterday or the day before about rank meaning nothing but having to come up with the 86500 to unlock everything again. I think the rank actually means more because you level up faster (not with kills) but by completing objectives or giving ammo.. or giving meds etc. You get I think 9 gold per kill but get about 25 gold per ammo.. per med.. and 50 per objective.. somewhere abouts there anyway. Of course the game isn't won alone without the defenders etc. That's why the winning team gets something and for returning the docs etc. nets good money too.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Yeah it was harsh but ill stick with it. This mostly stems from Zoggy continuous plugging of COD saying wolf isnt that fun anymore because the extra levels dont do anything anymore and at least with COD they give you stuff up to level 55. If I ever play COD again which I dont think I will. I will use a hex editor once again to get from level 1 to level 55 in a hour. I dont play first person shotters to earn things. I play it to kill things and complete objectives. Thats all first person shooters should be. I just found it interesting that earning perks or items was so important to him by leveling up. Im wondering if thats why he lost interest in GW,because there was no more leveling up after 20. This is more of a rant on first person shooter games with leveling and perks. Everyone, every round, should always be on a even playing field. Noone should have any advantage because they play the game more often than others. AS for losing things. I was assuming you were only losing ranks,gold and stats. If your losing all your perks, that sucks. But even more reason why they shouldnt have them. If you get those hacks off your computers guys, you probably wouldnt be losing anything. Zog and I havent lost any ranks,items or gold,.Now for losing everything. We all pretty much play certain classes with the same perks. I dont switch around every day using diffeernt perks and weapons out of the 85000 it takes to get all your perks. I probably only use 10,000 of it on my perks. I dont use the worthless veil dtrike or panzer and attachments or flame thrower. So in about 45 minutes you could easily have enough money to get the perks you really need.

as for this conversation you said we had. We talked about rank not meaning anything anymore but that was it. But its all lies coming from your mouth. Everytime you or Bubba level up I hear a woohoo I made it to the next level. SO dont tell me it doesnt matter to you Punk. I couldnt honestly tell you what rank im even at. I bet I couldnt even come within 5 ranks of where im at because I just plain out dont care about it.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 pm

{Ru}Bubba wrote: and Lordy, the stats are already online

Not acording to EIn.At least thats what he told me yesterday. Hes probably talking out his :butthead: again just like he was about the update. :lol:
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Zog on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:52 am

There are several things that are frustrating to me with Wolf like the fact that there are a shit ton of servers up, but theres only a couple that actually have anyone playing on them. I'd like a little variety in servers if its totally one sided with the teams or something. And the whole deal that punkbuster hasnt banned anyone yet from the new wolf seems rather strange. I'm wondering if they'll even bother to do anymore patches to the game. Also yes its stupid to keep earning gold that you cant do anything with once you've boughten all your weapon and veil upgrades which really didnt take very long to begin with. But yea, the new CoD does look pretty fun. Lordy i know you had mentioned somewhere about upgrades shouldnt be in FPS games and to go play an RPG if you want that kind of content. But i for one and done with RPG but still enjoy earning the perks or whatever you want to call them. I thought CoD did a pretty good job of keeping the player interested for quite a long time (or at least in my case anyways). There was always something to work toward earning which always made it that much more enjoyable. Although i have to say i still get a kick out of running up to someone in Wolf and bashing their skull in with the butt of my gun..its quite rewarding in itself 8)
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:55 am

{Ru}Lord_Slayer wrote:
{Ru}Bubba wrote: and Lordy, the stats are already online

Not acording to EIn.At least thats what he told me yesterday. Hes probably talking out his :butthead: again just like he was about the update. :lol:

Not as far as the stats.wolfenstein,com go but yes the stats are already online as far as leader boards, most kills etc.
http://www.wolfenstein.com/home at the bottom left is a leader board thingy, u can see who has what on pc xbox and ps3
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 pm

I stand corrected... the stats themselves are UP not with the sight it states but with this one instead

http://www.wolfenstein.com/stats/pc

allow me to show you a preview of wht you can see there :) yes its chopped on my screen, too lazy to resizr it for this post :)
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Lordy I think Ein may be hacking... how the hell can he be rank 4 in the leader boards and us be rank 1500 or worse?? Gah damn aimbot if you ask me... :( lol, we have our work cut out for us, cause he is soooo goin down.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:23 pm

That's kinda funny considering that I wasn't going to say anything about it because I'm not supposed to get some sense of accomplishment like Zog was talking about because it doesn't mean anything to Slayer. :biglaugh: Like I said, to me I see some little worth in me playing all the time that I have. It doesn't mean I'm the best player.. but I can see something for my effort. That's all Zog and I are talking about.. that's all I'm going to say on that. The purpose of this post was to help others that might be having lost rank etc. .. more importantly it would help avoid the re-purchase of unlocks possibly. It doesn't matter if I only used one thing on the entire board.. it's just like Slayer himself said that he didn't like the idea of having to unlock anything either. I cannot stand the idea of something not available to me either.. from day one.. or the last day I play because the forking game crashes.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:33 pm

So ZOo , WHat your trying to say is what makes a first person shooter fun and interesting for you is earning things. How the heck did you ever survive RTCW for so long? Before COD, the earning perks was not apart of first person shooter games. Thats not why I play them. Thats not what there suppose to be.Thats why I dont play FPS games anymore because COD ruined the whole concept of what a FPS game is suppose to be. Dont get me wrong. I like earning things too. Just in a role playing environment. As for stats. If you snipe, you get good stats , If you help the team, you get lower stats. Nuff said.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:35 pm

I can agree with that, for the most part, I want to find a program that lets me see how many times lordy shoots me in the back though... :P
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Zog on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:53 am

{Ru}Lord_Slayer wrote:So ZOo , WHat your trying to say is what makes a first person shooter fun and interesting for you is earning things. How the heck did you ever survive RTCW for so long?

Cuz RTCW was the shit plain and simple. I dont think there will ever be another game that i enjoyed as much as playing that. I didnt say that the only thing that makes a FPS fun is perks...just a small part really. Ventrillo makes any multiplayer game 10 times more enjoyable. If there were no programs like vent or teamspeak i'd probably not be playing too many multiplayer games (not that i play that much to begin with anymore). But being able to talk with your bro's is always a blast and always adds to the overall enjoyment of playing a game.
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Next

Return to Wolfenstein 2 - Mother of all FPS!