what time people playing tonight

Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Screenshots.. the mother of all great FPS with the best MP maps has returned!

Re: what time people playing tonight

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:27 am

Ok.. so we're shooting for 9pm tonight? Great. I'll eng if need be.. but I'd rather medic. It's much harder for Slayer to kill me that way.. and it's easier for me to sit and wait to gut shot that big bear chasing me from the rail yards too. :twisted:

Have fun Zog.. and take a pic of your winnings! :)
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Well Glider loves to play engie so she will be playing engie for sure. Ill probably be bebopping between classes depending on if im axis or resistence if there a lot of stuff to blow or whatnot. I need to be educated because Im far to lazy to read.
Ok for meds, Healing aura makes it hard to kill a med because there health is always going up. How do you use healing aura? Is it just throwing yourself a med pack while you have the healing self checkmarked in your aura section.
Next question is the super speed engie. Ive went on a empty server and chose the increased speed iotion for engies when they have there veil turned on. But I couldnt go nowhere near as fast as I saw Zog go that night. I remeber Zog saying something about hitting a key when something was selected. ANyone know how to do this?
FInal question. Dees anyone have any clue why im such a uber soldier? :mrgreen:
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:50 pm

I'll answer in reverse order..

Slayer = Good Uber Soldat
Reason: You have I'd guess "Big Bore", "Flack Jacket" selected and "MP43" chosen.
If you headshot and have those selected.. all it takes is probably 2 headshots to kill someone if not less as a soldier. Think about the number of times we've been killed in one bullet? Admittedly we've fought some engies and medics that can kill you with one shot. This doesn't happen as often with them as it does with a soldier. Other than that, if you DO NOT HAVE THOSE ITEMS ABOVE selected.. then tell me what you do have selected. I know that's got to be the optimum combo though, plus soldiers do more damage than any other class.. then add in the extra from the MP43 and we still don't know for sure if the Veil gives you more damage also on top of it(?).

Engineers = Speed Boost (or fast runner whatever)
Use: I don't think it always works right. Unless Zog has Veil Power hotkeyed to say Q.. and then has speed boost set to E.. I'm not sure how he's able to get it working correctly all the time. The reason I say this is because the Veil Healing Aura doesn't turn on automatically for me every single time I go into the Veil. I don't want the aura to always be on because your Veil energy burns out too quickly. So I've discovered that if you go into the Veil as a medic and sometimes jump back out quickly.. then go back into the Veil.. you can get what I call a "slow burn" of your Veil energy. I don't know if it's a bug (most likely) or if it is an intended feature. I usually do this for sniping as all targets are green and I can see them easily across the map to hit them. SO I try to get into the slow burn to kick in.. and I can stay in the Veil for several minutes without being kicked out of it. Also, when my healing aura is needed with wounded teammates.. it automatically kicks in but burns through the Veil energy quickly. I suspect the same thing happens for Zog when he taps to sprint.. the Veil speed boost kicks in etc. I never use the running ability but I use the faster "engineering" ability that shortens bomb activation/objective activation times. I think that's much more valuable than speed running... especially when you are deactivating a bomb then enemy has planted. In regards to the speed boost for engineers.. if you don't get it to activate immediately for engineers when you jump into the Veil.. try pressing the sprint key as that might trigger the speed running thingy.

So... did you really read this?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Yes I did and thank you for the answers. You gave me hope on even getting better at the soldat. Because I dont use the big bore. I use the steadier aim option(not sure what its called. lowers recoil yadayadayada. But maybe ill play around with the big bore and see how I like it.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:07 pm

On another note, When you talked to Crym last weekend did you tell then were all playing the new WOlf. DId he say he was going to get it. Did you tell him to tell Headshot about it if he sees him?
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 am

Yep.. told Crym.. said it'd been a week since he'd seen Headshot. I have sent emails to all our clan's accounts. Nothing bounced so I know they all got it.

Looks like I was wrong about the big bore.. but the flash suppressor is there as expected. Tonight was terrible.. I just cannot believe that X number are not cheating in some way. Blazing at level 5.. killed everyone? I don't think so.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Zog on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Well i'll spare the pic of my winnings...i dont think you guys are interested in seeing all my pocket lint...thats all i have left :| Came in 6th out of about 15-16 players. My bro held his own and came in 2nd and took home $280. The only female in the tourney was the winner. She pocketed $500. My bro told me when she came walking in to watch out for her and he wasnt kidding :lol: I gotta give her credit though...kicked all the guys asses. All in all it was a lot of fun and all the money that didnt go to the top 3 players went toward my nephews school for their sports programs. There were twice as many people that showed up just to watch the action and plunk down $20 to just drink and eat. I sucked something fierce on the golf course as well lol....although i did par the last hole....it was only a par 3 but dammit if i didnt make par on it 8)
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Well that's good to hear Mr. Zog! Not about the girl kicking a bunch of your asses.. but that happens. It's even cooler when they have guns/swords! (not for you.. but the audience!) :biglaugh:
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote: plus soldiers do more damage than any other class..

no idea where your getting this info, but nothing I have read says anything at all about any class doing more damage as a specific class, the mp43 does a little more damage, at the cost of a little rounds per minute loss,but i haven't seen anything that says soldiers do more damage in general.

Ok, now for the rest of the posts that i apparently missed earlier lol.
IF you have the basic default keys, then 1 is to enter veil mode NO VEIL POWERS just in the mode, E is for your veil powers IF YOUR VEIL POWER is healing aura then you will automatically enter the veil mode, If it is Speed boost,you will automatically enter veil mode,If it is VEIL STRIKE you WILL NOT enter veil mode just throw the little blue star thingy.Hope this helps :)
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

Soldiers do more damage with the MP43 because they are the only class that can use it; however, I was under the impression they did more damage as a class also with the MP40. Do you know that is NOT the case for sure? Where are you reading this at?

The veil stuff.. I have already posted correct information on the "slow burn" that you can get by pressing 'E' many times. You do not automatically get your special ability just because you push 'E' every single time.. but more often you do than not. I just jump in Veil.. drop out.. then press 'E' again.. and get the "slow burn" effect without the power ability. If pressing one is different than 'E'.. I'll have to test that. I was under the impression that 1=E.. but that leads to testing. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 am

I meant for that E to be a 3, i must be getting old lol, 1 and E are the same, they just put you in veil mode w/o using your ability(slow burn,or for engineers speed boost,fast burn), 3 uses your veil power and will automatically put you in veil mode if necessary.

I was on the Wolfenstein sight looking around, and lo and behold they have a top 10 list for diffrent stuff on the pc version and ps3 version,like most kills with x weapon, I'm sad to say i went thru every category, and didnt see a single Ru member on the leader boards anywhere :( , alot of familiar names on it though lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:29 pm

IM NOT SURE IF YOU GUYS HELPED ME OUT OR CONFUSED ME MORE. dAMN CAPS. I dont use any default keys for anything. SO telling me to hit E or 1 or whatever keys you hit doesnt help me out at all. I have every action hotkeyed to my mouse.. So let me see if I get it. If im a medic and I have "heal myself' selected for my option. When I hit my hotkey and enter the veil, I have healing aura active but it burns fast. If I hit my hotkey to enter/exit the veil a few times, I will eventually get a slow burn on the healing aura.

For engineers. If I have the speed option selected for my engineer. To get him moving super fast for a short amount of time. All I do is hit my hotkey to enter veil and my hotkey to sprint. Is this right or not? Dont make me waste energy and have to read my wolf manual.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:39 pm

NO, thats not right Lordy.Go to OPTIONS,CONTROLS,WEAPONS and look under veil ability, that is what uses your healing aura,enter and exit veil doesnt give you a slow burn on anything.Hope that helps clear it up for ya.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:51 am

Before you say that it doesn't do this or do that.. you need to test it out Bubba. I wrote previously exactly what it does on my machine. So either you haven't tested it or you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to retype it again nor will I post another comment on the "slow burn" or just getting into Veil without using your special powers just by pressing 'E' more than once within a few seconds.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:02 pm

lol i test it everytime we play :P
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

PreviousNext

Return to Wolfenstein 2 - Mother of all FPS!