Very important question about Wolf2 MP...

Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Screenshots.. the mother of all great FPS with the best MP maps has returned!

Very important question about Wolf2 MP...

Postby HongGilDong on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 am

uhmmmm, can we goomba on Wolf2MP?
:D
HongGilDong
Forum Member - 2nd Class
Forum Member - 2nd Class

Re: Very important question about Wolf2 MP...

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:37 am

Sigh, unfortunatly my good friend, that isn't possible yet, there have been many threads on the subject and alot of complaints, so hopefully the new devs will hook us up, if not they can go the way of the last 2 groups lol,granted the last set only had 6 months to get the game tweaked in after the first ones lost it, but still i expected more from them.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:04 pm

I for one am not very disapponted with the game right now. Once I learned the basics and the maps I think the game is quite fun. The diehard RTCW players who played the game right up to the last server were wanted WOlf 2 to be exactly like RTCW. But why even make WOlf 2 then. Just make new maps for RTCW. Many people left RTCW years before it died because it eventually got boring. I was one of those diehard RTCW guys that could play Beach every day all day. But I knew they wouldnt make this game the same. They chose to make the game a lot like all the other big selling 1st person shooting games that are popular and tried to hold some of the traditions of the old wolf game. I thought Goomba's were pretty silly in RTCW. It was a way for many bored players to entertain themselves by jumping off the upper base and into the trench trying to land on peoples head. With Wolf 2 I do miss the needle revives but I think the veil revives will be ok once I get the hang of it.Ive seen some meds run up to me and have me revived and a health pack in just a couple seconds. Anyway what I guess im trying to say, If you thought wolf 2 was going to be just like RTCW, then you made a big mistake buying the game. I for one am loving WOlf 2 right now as is.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm going to agree mostly with Slayer on this.. however, the in-game lag sometimes is horribly attrocious.. they need to get that fixed hands down. I think they can offer up some more maps.. but we're all liars if we don't want a "new RTCW2" beach as it would fit in the new game. I personally really have grown to like the current game and the maps. While there are some that appear to be heavly one sided.. that's ok because in rotation they pretty much balance out I think. Medic + Sniping.. most loved combo evvvvaaaaaa!

I miss: LT Air strikes..

I don't like: The doc runner with an icon that can be seen through walls.. I don't mind over his head.. but not through walls. However, to be honest.. that's saved our butts several times as you have no clue where the doc guy is at with only 6 people on one team.

I don't like: 16 people per team. We need 24 at a minimum with larger maps. However, that's how the current maps are designed.. so this would unbalance them. I would like it if we had bigger maps with more players.

I miss: Beach.. all I'm asking is someone rebuild a 'beach' type map. :)

I'm confused about: The Soldier Veil strike.. seems pretty useless to me unless you catch people in a tight room or choke point.. however, I think they made it like that because the satchel charge is a REAL pain in those same places. That's worse even than the claymores in COD Modern Warfare.

I like: I love how the engineer's role has changed to be WAAAAY more useful. No wonder they eliminated the LT as without the ammo need.. and no strikes.. waste of class space.

I like: The new maps.. they are well thought out once you get the hang of it.

I also realize the biggest problem with the game (besides the lag).. and I think that's what is going to kill it.. people are not willing to play it.. so the game isn't ever going to get a chance to get more filled servers for variety. God forbid.. at the rate that's going.. the only thing left to play on with a low ping in the next 2 weeks will be Wolfpro servers. I agree with you Slayer on that concept that bringing back the panzer camping isn't what this game needs on such small maps. They need to get the Favorites fixed.. and the server listings.. and the lag.. then work on adding stuff that people can turn on or off on the server maybe. New maps in another month or two. Just my 2 cents.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:21 pm

ah yes . the favorites would be a welcome addition and yes I have noticed a few lag spikes now and again. Though all in all, They havent been enough of them for me to where its bothered me at all. I agree with the larger teams, but as you stated that would need bigger mapsNot too much more to say on it. The game wont play on Brianna's com[uter do GLider and her may be taking turns on Gliders account.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Return to Wolfenstein 2 - Mother of all FPS!