MIT solar energy breakthru...

Space, time, aliens, scifi, take the nearest stargate and drop in for a visit.

MIT solar energy breakthru...

Postby HongGilDong on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Lets hope they are on to something and it happens soon.

MIT solar energy breakthru
HongGilDong
Forum Member - 2nd Class
Forum Member - 2nd Class

Re: MIT solar energy breakthru...

Postby {Ru}Zog on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:02 am

I saw a show on the Science Channel over the weekend that was talking about pretty much the same thing. There was a field of solar panels on the ground that all reflected to one special building (tower), from there it broke it down and converted it into gases to power a building/s, but hoped that in time it would be able to power the smaller town around them after adding more solar panels and building another tower to collect and distribute the energy. Cant think of the name of the show off the top of my head, but was pretty interesting. BTW Hong you still playing CoD?
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby HongGilDong on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:08 pm

{Ru}Zog wrote:I saw a show on the Science Channel over the weekend that was talking about pretty much the same thing. There was a field of solar panels on the ground that all reflected to one special building (tower), from there it broke it down and converted it into gases to power a building/s, but hoped that in time it would be able to power the smaller town around them after adding more solar panels and building another tower to collect and distribute the energy. Cant think of the name of the show off the top of my head, but was pretty interesting. BTW Hong you still playing CoD?

Yes, I still play, but maybe two to three hours a week. I mostly play on =WFL='s Mostly Sabotage HC server.
HongGilDong
Forum Member - 2nd Class
Forum Member - 2nd Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:57 pm

I read an article on ScienceDaily.com about that. According to them, in 10 years we should see a viable competitor in the market for a gas substitute.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to Hyperdrive