EINHANDER’S STORY BOOK GAMING SUGGESTIONS FOR WOLF2 NEWBIES

Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Screenshots.. the mother of all great FPS with the best MP maps has returned!

EINHANDER’S STORY BOOK GAMING SUGGESTIONS FOR WOLF2 NEWBIES

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:05 am

Yep.. this is a long one. Most of it could be useful though for this weekend.

Ok.. this is what I would recommend for you to unlock first with that hard earned gold. Early on it’s hard to come by.. at least it was for me as I kept getting my butt kicked. What I realized was that there is a ‘GENERAL’ unlock section that applies to all 3 classes. I have also found what works for me as far as a load out. It’s possible that there is a sickening balance issue that I have stumbled across or possibly a combination of how I play versus what I unlocked as it worked out for me on COD4. I play medic mostly but the soldier has a damage advantage with the MP43. At this point, we don’t know exactly how much damage the MP43 does. Also, the panzer doesn’t kill a person on a direct hit, unless the person is wounded or you have the damage amplifier unlocked. I think a panzer with the damage amplifier will really fork up some people on this game because the “good” teamwork winners always bunch up. Old style panzer camping tactics will, I suspect, work wonders here.

Anyway, back to the unlocking as a Medic. The first 4500gold I got I spent on the Veil Medic faster recharge. It was completely useless as I didn’t know how to play/use the Veil. Waste of money but later it came in handy when I learned how to use it sorta effectively.

If I had to start over there are three items that are key to how I play at the moment. One of them applies to all classes. That is the Flack Jacket for extra defense, which costs 4000 gold. While defense is good, if you cannot hit any damn thing while shooting that’s not going to help reducing the damage you take. I would suggest that you unlock for a medic the MP40’s Flash Gas Suppressor (the item at the far right for the MP40 gun). It costs 4000gold but you cannot hold a better bead on anyone without that being unlocked. You can walk/jump and shoot but I have found it all but impossible to run/sprint ‘n gun other than maybe suppressive fire. The one thing that helped me early on was giving med packs that earned me some money! So, if you are having trouble with the shooting or staying alive.. the first thing you might want to unlock is the extra Med Pack at the very bottom of the Medic class unlock page.

Once you have those three unlocked.. you will be able to keep more med packs in inventory for you to drop for yourself.. take more damage while running or fighting.. and when in a fight.. you’re bullets will be more reliable on the target. I can actually do headshots now!

Tips that I’ve been using:
1.) Just like in the old RtCW, take advantage of the WARMUP phase to kill your own teammates so that you get a good feel for how to do the headshots.. body shots.. grenade tosses.. everything.. including the Veil abilities for your class. As soon as the match starts, you’re full of Veil energy again etc. etc. Some newbies will start shooting you back thinking it’s team slaughter.. just like before but they wise up. I think every server I’ve played on has FF off.. if there is even FF on. The only thing you can do is blow yourself up or the enemy can kill you. My headshots have improved immensely during this practice. Also.. I would suggest jumping and shooting during this time to get a good feel of how the physics works when shooting while jumping. Especially while jumping down on an opponent and attacking. With the grenade tossed at your teammates.. you see what is a good toss to kill most versus what isn’t etc. I’ve still got some learning to do so that I can maximize the splash damage with a well-placed nade. Also.. like Zog points out.. you might want to practice holding a grenade in WARMUP so you get the ticks and toss down pat before the real game.

2.) If you find a good player (either teamwork or a good killer) stick with ‘em. Watch what they are doing.. where they camp.. and take a peep at their ping also. You can press TAB just like in RtCW to see the top 6 players for each team. If they are any good.. you’ll not have any trouble to see what their PING is. In the TAB menu beside each person’s name are some icons: Bullet = Kills made by you , Skull = Times you’ve died, PING = we.. your PING!, and some others I cannot think of at the moment. Oh.. the gold you’ve earned this round is also displayed this round. If you disconnect before the next match, YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THAT GOLD! Don’t disconnect until the next map has loaded. Not sure where the exact cut off is.. but I keep getting the warning if I don’t want to lose it.. don’t disconnect before the next match.

3.) Speed running… during the WARMUP.. practice speed running with the Veil on. To turn on the Veil.. press ‘E’.. and then press your LEFT SHIFT key to sprint. I have my configs to hold it until I press it again. Anyway, get used to running and jumping with this. Not only do you run faster.. you jump higher and farther. I also don’t know all of the exact details on this.. but you take less damage and do more damage I think to people NOT IN THE VEIL! So.. another pointer for the panzer shooter.. get in the Veil before shooting! You cannot always maintain it.. but when I get into a pin down fire fight… I jump into the Veil.. and go blasting. I don’t know if you are more accurate in the Veil or not.

4.) You might want to consider unlocking all of the GENERAL items first as ALL classes have access to that. So that’s more bang for your classes buck so to speak.

5.) Your ping must be below 80! If it’s higher than that.. I have lags so bad it’s bullshit. Last night I played on a server with 40 ping and did wonderfully better than any other time I played.

6.) You can use the BUTT of your rifle to hit people when you get caught in a reload. I don’t know how much damage you do. I suspect if you hit them while in the Veil.. it will do much more. I think pressing either ‘N’ or ‘B’ causes this to happen.

Gaming Bugs:

1.) You can skip the death deploy screen by bringing up your character panel and ‘ENTER’ game all over again or Auto Assign. Usually the most I have to wait is 5 seconds.. so this isn’t something useful unless we could bind it.
2.) Sometimes I’ve jumped on top of something and it’s like I get stuck in the item. Like a crate or a stone wall.. I just get stuck on it. Keep jumping.. if you don’t get killed first.. you’ll get out of it. Poor map design.

I’ve got some more stuff to show maybe tonight.. if you guys are interested. Also.. show or swap what you guys have learned!
-EIN
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: EINHANDER’S STORY BOOK GAMING SUGGESTIONS FOR WOLF2 NEWBIES

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 pm

For the most part i agree with Ein's assesment of gettting started, with the addition of this.
You have 3 general upgrades like he said that go across all 3 classes, but you can only have 1 on at a time.
also the weapons themselves have diffrent unlocks that stay with that weapon,even if you use it on a diffrent class, for example, i bought the scope for the kar on my engineer, i can also use the scope on the kar of my medic.
I have a few pretty good camping positions already for each map if anyone is interested, getting in the vent above the cathedral room is one of my favs lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Yep.. I wanna see that vent. I might know where you're talking about already. I know that Slayer will love some of the maps because you can sneak in and haul ass to complete the objective in less than a minute if no one is paying attention.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Zog on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Good stuff, i'll read it over before starting up later on this afternoon.
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Return to Wolfenstein 2 - Mother of all FPS!