Salvaging.. and YOU!

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

Salvaging.. and YOU!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue May 17, 2005 12:32 pm

Zog's got some good questions and really the only way I know of at the moment is just to swap notes on what we've gotten as individuals.

Items in:

Purple - I think these only give you *minor* runes.. but the items themselves are considered RARE.

Yellow - I think you can get runes easier from these. I think these items are more RARE and more valueable than purple items. I don't know for sure. I've seen way more purple than I have yellow. Yet, I've been far less successful to salvage purple items than I have been on yellow. As a matter of fact, I yet have a yellow item to fail to salvage SOMETHING from it. I have only been able to salvage ONE thing from multiple purple items. I have been able to get (2) steel ingots from a purple sword or shield one time though if memory serves me.

Anyone else feel free to post. I also suspect that with last weeks update this changed for the better odds wise.

-Eslayel/EIN
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Wed May 18, 2005 8:58 pm

what about teal salvage items?
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed May 18, 2005 11:45 pm

I think they are just magical.. and would probably be classified as Uncommon.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Thu May 19, 2005 8:26 am

i've gotten runes off of them.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 19, 2005 10:03 am

All of the lowest level I suspect? When I try to salvage teal items I seem to scrap most of them. :(
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby Baidu [Spider] on Thu May 19, 2005 12:40 pm

As far as runes go, i havent found any, and what do you salvage to get runes? Im at L10, just spent 2 hrs to get 500 exp...woohoo..heh..
Baidu [Spider]
Forum Sergeant First Class
Forum Sergeant First Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 pm

Well.. that's a good question. I have a serious issue with scrapping some of my purple items. I mean they are few and far between what I've been keeping. Some purple items aren't worth the color in their name and they make the scrap pile ASAP. So far either I have given/traded Felix my yellows or have 100% salvage ratio for myself. I'm hoping that the yellow named items are always guaranteed to get what they are rather than have them fail.

Teal: I've got maybe one rune from a teal item and it was the lowest level rune/scroll.

Purple: Some of these items are *really* rare (the hammer I have is called THE SUNDERING HAMMER OF FAST CASTING or something with 4 abilities but with a low 6-14 dmg before customization).. and some are just rarely worth anything even after you scrap 'em.

Yellow: I have found one of the most sought after runes I think.. Superior Rune of Vigor.. and also a Major Rune of Vigor. Some other Majors but nothing of importance.. stupid Major Rune of Death magic comes with a -50 health penalty to use it. :evil: :!:

If it's teal, purple, and especially yellow.. use an Expert Salvage kit. You can use just the regular salvage kit (40gp in Ascelon) to get common materials. If you use the Expert Salvage kit on common armor/items (no color at all) you can *rarely* get a steel ingot or other rare item. I have some squares of silk from some common stuff to teal stuff.

Anyone else want to share?
-Eslayel/EIN
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Thu May 19, 2005 3:51 pm

http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=90

Heres there official strategies as well.

Strategy:

1) One leader. One person leads physically. One person calls the targets.
2) One Target. One person calls the target. Everyone else kills it.
3) Stick Together. Only one person leads, everyone else follows.
4) Stick Together. Don't go running off past the leader. If the leader stops, you stop.
5) Stick Together. The leader should wait, if someone is trailing behind, almost off radar.
6) Stick Together. Don't go running off. If the leader is off radar, get your butt in gear and run to the nearest group member.
Advanced Strategy:

1) Kill the Healers First.
2) Kill the Casters Second.
3) Kill the Tanks Last.
4) Use AoE (area of effect) to damage as many targets as possible. This puts extra strain on the healers.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 19, 2005 11:06 pm

Too bad that list doesn't show rare weapons (or some of the combo attributes they can get).
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Fri May 20, 2005 8:29 am

Sense this is the SALVAGING post, i might as well say i got 1 minor rune of vigor and 1 of wilderness from teal items.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri May 20, 2005 9:38 am

wow.. what stats did the teal items have before you salvaged 'eM?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Fri May 20, 2005 4:26 pm

stats? what do you mean?
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat May 21, 2005 10:53 am

When you identify them.. they'll have something like "Highly Salvageable" or "+10% if hexed" etc. What did your teal items have in their description before you salvaged them and got a rune.

BTW, was the wilderness rune a Minor or a Major you got from the teal item? I've only gotten Minor types from teals and that was only once.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Sat May 21, 2005 12:00 pm

Minor, and it only said X Y of Wilderness survial

X = moster

Y = armor wreak thing.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub