Updates...2

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

Updates...2

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 am

So how is the new content going in GW2 lordy? i rarely ever get the chance to log on but i try. Hows the new pick your dailies thing? there just isnt enough hours in the day anymore lol,but now that im on 2nd instead of 3rd maybe i can get a little more gaming in.

Anyone have any thoughts on the new ps4 coming out this christmas? i like alot of the stuff they are doing with it but its still too early to tell
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Re: Updates...2

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

I *really* love how the PS4 is shaping up with one MAJOR exception: only backwards capability is through the cloud.. which is lame as hell given that the original PS3 cost $699 with full backwards compatibility (except may a handful of games in the PS2 library.. like 10?) and the new PS4 system is listed at $599. Really? $100 less in cost but a TON less in features? That's not nice, especially if I have to buy my old games again? I should at least be able to put the original disc in to prove I have it or something for approval to play it via cloud interface.

I do like:
- Fast download in the background
- instant start up of games (like in 2 seconds)
- storage space is not great but it's easy to upgrade HD's
- Destiny (Persistent FPS) Looking good so far.. works for both PS3 and PS4..
- 8GB of DDR5 unified memory.. looks like it's gonna smoke the 720 that is currently rumored to have DDR3.

Questions:
- Keyboard/Mouse support? Deal breaker otherwise
- 4K output.. is it really worth offering at this point given most TVs don't support it.. I guess it's like blu-ray was before
- 3D gaming wasn't really mentioned.. so it might not be the next big thing..
- Mid-Range gaming PCs smoke the PS4 performance wise.. how upgradeable will the new PS4 be or not at all?
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub