Foostivoo the Merry - The quaggan mini pet

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

Foostivoo the Merry - The quaggan mini pet

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Crafting Foostivoo the Merry, the quaggan mini pet in the Mystic Forge. It took me 30 Mystery boxes from the gem store to get my 3 mini pets. It takes 3 mini pets from the Wintersday event and 50 wads of enchanted stuffing in the Mystic Forge to craft Foostivoo. I also ended up getting a permanent hair contract!

This is something of note that I read on some website. Thought you guys would be interested.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: Foostivoo the Merry - The quaggan mini pet

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 pm

what a idiot this person was .buying mystery boxes to get 3 minis to make the special mini. All the guy has to do is spend 15 minutes a day doing the dungeon and he will get his 3 minis for free,I made my first mini today. 2 more to go.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 pm

ive made the mini toy soldier so far, i like it.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Well, unfortunately, the minis we're getting do *not* net the Quaggan. Only minis from the occasionally dropped mystery box present (overworld map presents) and bought from the gem store can produce any of the 3 needed to make (or get lucky enough to just GET it from opening one) the Quaggan.

Rare mystery Wintersday boxes will have a chance to drop throughout the world. They will also be available in the consumable category of the Gem Store. They will contain gifts available in-game, plus a random item only available in the store.
Boxes will contain one to five gifts, plus one of the following:
•Common: a Wintersday dye pack, a gingerbread snowball mortar, or one of three unique Wintersday transformation tonics.
•Uncommon: One of three new festive miniatures; a snowman, a festive golem, or the toymaker’s Infinirarium.
•Rare: The festive fur cap, and a claim ticket for your choice of winter wooden weapons.
•Very Rare: Infinite self-style hair kit or unique Wintersday baby quaggan miniature.
The Wintersday baby quaggan miniature can also be crafted in the Mystic Forge by using any combination of miniature snowmen, infinirarium, or festive golems, and 50 enchanted stuffing (available in-game). The “mystery Wintersday box” is available in consumables for 100 gems each, or 10 for 800 gems.

So.. Bubba's ideal to do the boxes over in the explorables would be a roll of the dice. First you have to get to the giant present before other players to open it.. then you have to get lucky enough that a 'rare mystery present' is left behind after you open it (again, I think ANY player can run up to grab the 'rare mystery present' when it is left on the ground after an exploding present knocks back the character that opened it)... then you have to grab it before you're killed/stunned/distracted. I think just having some type of removal skill is all any single character needs to grab the present and escape.

Also.. hate to say it, but I found a website where people have bought gems/gold and are manipulating the GW2 marketplace. Gem prices will fall once you can no longer buy the Winter's Day items from the gem store as they will sell them off.. then buy gems back after the value drops below what the real value is.. then they'll have the price inflated again. The expected drop will happen a few days probably just before or after the last Day of Winter's Day.
Now.. will Anet keep selling them? or remove them.. I haven't checked to see if Halloween items are still available in the gem store. I think this is the same bunch that has manipulated the mini pet market. 24 days ago you could buy many mini pets for about 3g.. now those prices are 7.5g for the same minis.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

bastards... but ein your missing the whole open world drop thing, granted im saure the rare mystery presnt could drop from the big present when u open them, but you also can get them from looting the bad guys, but when i was running around opening the big presents in the world i never ran into another human being lol, but i think i was off in blazeridge mountains or something
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:39 pm

i will say htis..as far as the drop rate for minis go on the mystery boxes, ive opened probably 150-160 big presents in the open world, out of those i got 16 of the mystery presents, out of those 16 mystery presents i got 4 mini snowmen,1 mini infarium and 1 mini festive golem, and the mini infarium was in the very last box i opened, so they dont have a very big drop rate.

{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:56 pm

well shit.. turns out i coulda just used 3 of my snowmen and some stuffing and still kept 1 of each of my other minis :( now i have 2 festivoo's sigh
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub