12/8/12

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

12/8/12

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 am

We doin fractals? or what?
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Re: 12/8/12

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:10 pm

if i didnt need to get explorer title anyways id be upset about this lordy...
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:11 pm

note there isnt a black lion salvage kit there..
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:05 pm

this is getting aggravating, im just gonna buy the damn black lion salvage kit

{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm

hmmmm,but be a completely random reward for that area.thanks for the post, i was just going to spend an hour to complete it myself.the next best kit is a mystic salvage kit.it takes all 3 other kits plus a special item that you get for a skill point or you have to buy for gems, though thaty special itemm is a drop u get from chests too. going off memory, you need 5 of whatever is was and i already had 4 in my vault and that over a month ago. the plus of this is you get 250 uses out of the mystic salvage kit,it gives 100%chance to get upgrades but only 25% chance for rarer materials.its what i use to salvaGE GOLDS when i dont have a black lion kit and i still got plenty of ecto using that kit
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 pm

not sure where your getting your info there lordy lol, a mystic salvage kit is exactly the same as a masters salvage kit except it has 250 uses, nothing besides the black lion salvage kit gives you 100% on upgrades and 50% on rare materials
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm

ph and just so you can see i was easily telling the truth about my ectos, granted its onlky 45 but they arent hard to get lol

{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:13 pm

if you werent such a troll i would of made the correction to 80% before you read this.i was saying the mystic salvage hit is a great cost effective alternative. you arent making money spending 3 gold buying gems to buy a black salvage kit that gives you only 25, 50% chances to get ecto, your better off getting a mystic kit that only lowers your % chance by 25% but gives you the benefit of oodles of uses.im all about cruching numbers as i take my math skills very seriously,and i wasnt calling you out on your ectos,hell ive got over 300 ectos thus far. i just use them to get all my crafts up to 400 and craft mine and gliders gear and armor. what i was calling you out on was you saying you had 100 gold.if thats the case,what did you do with 80 gold of it.lol

anyway, i just like razzing you. we will be playing tonight.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 pm

black lion salvage kits are about 6 gold a piece lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:41 am

lol,that makes sense.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm

The best time according to the highs and lows chart.. would be to buy the dimonds around 2am to 5am.. when most players are retiring.. then you can get 300 for about 4.3 gold.. so the lions chest will pay for itself with salvaging.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:36 am

its about being practical Ein.im not getting up at 3am to buy a kit. now at the general cost og 6 gold for 300 gems, the profit margin is minimal at best. i salvage 10 golds at a time usually.i average about 8 ecto(ive salvaged 200 golds) yes i get some 13's but i also get 4's and 5's for 10 salvages. now if u havent ecperianced 4-5 savaged blanks in a row, you will. so anyway at a 8 ecto average per 10 golds, thats 20 ecto for 25 golds salvaged. at a average ecto price of 32 silver that = 6 gold 40 silver. a lot of work for 40 silver profit. now i got 6 black lion salvage kits over a 3 day halloween event.imagine how many i will get over wintersday.save your money and wait for free kits.until then, i will use my mystic salvage kit, more profit.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Well, I explained about the loss you experience by just buying rares/exotics by purchasing runes to help mitigate the loss for a 0 ecto salvage.. and how to overcome the black lion cost. Basically buy one when we are done playing on either Friday or Saturday night (I.e. you don't get up for a special purchase as we're about to retire during that window --- usually). It's way more than 40 silver I assure you; however, it's not a hand over fist money making opportunity either. You have to watch the market as we both talked about for the exchange rate on runes.. and low ballers selling items. Now, if you are not in a hurry, you could tie money up in making offers to get lower costs on the rares/exotics to further lower your costs. Personally, I have seen it in the market to make more money on the items worth only about 2 or 3 gold as opposed to the items like Dywana runes.

Thank you very much for pointing out the BL salvage kits might be part of this weekends' (for 2 weeks) event drops/rewards. I greatly appreciate that and will wait to purchase any to see what I get.

What I need to do is come up with a sliding chart that factors in the cost of the runes salvaged, expense of the black lion kit, and the break even + profit margin (depending on the number of ectos you get from the salvage). Of course I would have to factor in the listing fee and the return on the sale at the auction house. Time is also a consideration but a spreadsheet with some simple factors will help rationalize the BUY or DON'T BUY based on market conditions at that instance. Unfortunately I have seen the damn ectos drop since Sunday to 30.. from 35ish.

Is there any place you can trade Karma for a Black Lion salvage kit? Or Karma for Jewels? What do you guys trade Karma for the most? I just store mine but have purchased on the first day of the game's release a few recipies.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 pm

up until i watched the video on making twilight i was using my karma to buy armor pieces, now i will be using my karma to buy obsidian shards lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 am

What's the exchange rate for Karma to Obsidian shards? Then, how many shards do you need to make the weapon?

Also.. do these 'special' weapons do more damage than other exotics? If so, what is the max you can get on an exotic as opposed to one of the specials? I'm betting it's just a few points and not 100's of extra damage points etc.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Next

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub