someone explain

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

someone explain

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm

i dont get how thetrading company works. lets say im selling something for 6 gold and the listing fee is 25 silver. if i sell it i should get back 5 gold 75 silver. but it will say my projected prifit will only be 5 gold 45 silver. and when the item sells, i get back exactly what there projected profit said. now where the hell does the extra 25 silver go. its making myself rethink my profit margins. anyway made 10 gold in 2 hours while watching tv and playing the market. boring, but something to do while watching tv.id rather be slaying the bad guys.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: someone explain

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Well, there is a "listing fee" for that item and then there is a "tax fee" for using the player exchange system or better known as the middle man which is not to be mistaken as the 'listing fee'. For example.. on eBay.. you as a seller with a store front are charged for having the 'store' and also 'per item sold' at the store. :eek:
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 am

thats just stupid, one fee to sell the item is all it sgould be.I dont care if uits a higher fee, just 1 fee
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm

.. and that was just a guess but I did find a post to back up what my hunch was.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=guild%20wars%202%20black%20lion%20trading%20listing%20fee%20discrepancy&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkittencraftingstation.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F09%2Fvisiting-trading-post.html&ei=-0zKUM-yEKyx0QHktoCgCw&usg=AFQjCNGWWgBZHC6c_4PiCDtG0Tokgf7NLg&bvm=bv.1355272958,d.dmQ

Selling items happens via the Sell On Trading Post tab. All of the items in one's inventory that can be sold in the Trading Post will get listed on the left side of the view. When one clicks on one of the listed items, they can see three options for it: sell the item for a custom offer, list the item for the lowest seller price currently in the Trading Post, or list the item for the lowest price one has already listed another unit of the item for. In addition to these options one can also list an item for a custom price, which happens by editing the unit price on the top right corner of the view. A common practice is to set the price one copper lower than the currently lowest seller price, which automatically makes the listed item the first to be purchased by the buyers while losing as little profit as possible. In addition to choosing the method of selling and the price, one also needs to define the amount they wish to sell to the Quantity field, and press Sell.

There's a couple of things one should pay careful attention to when listing items for sale: the listing fee, the so called tax, and the vendor value. The listing fee is always 5% of the sell price of the item, no matter if it is a buy order or an item listing. The fee is paid on the moment one lists the item and does not get returned if the item doesn't sell. The so called tax is 10% of the item price and is reduced automatically upon a successful sale, resulting the player receiving only 90% of the price they sold the item for. When one is listing an item for sale, they should always make sure that the profit they'll get from selling the item is still satisfying after paying the listing fee and the tax. If the difference after subtraction is the same, less than or close to the vendor value, it'd be better to sell the item to the vendor or hold onto it for a bit longer if one thinks the prices are going to rise in the future.

The vendor value also sets a limitation to the price one can list an item or a custom offer for: it prevents one from selling an item in the Trading Post for less than its vendor value. This limitation was implemented to prevent people from buying items from the Trading Post for less than their vendor value and selling them to merchant for profit.

At this moment in time it is unknown how many items one can put into the Trading Post, or how long the items will be listed for before they are automatically cancelled ─ if these limitations even exist.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Well, I agree with you Slayer in that it could be more straight forward.. you pay 'X' for this service.. but then again everyone has the right and should know exactly what all of the 'X' is you have to pay. What if it was so that the Guild Wars 2 staffers could charge you a 2% clothing color fee.. I'd want to know about it because I'd be throwing all my clothes in the street demanding I had representation from the Mad King charging too much!! ;)

I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at. Simpler would be good.. but I want to know what it is I'm being charged for up front. At least they give you the projected profit... sorta.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub