Quest Guide:

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

Quest Guide:

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 05, 2005 3:31 pm

When you enter the large world of Guild Wars, you might be staggered with all that you might need to learn. I’m here to help you with one particular aspect of Guild Wars, quests.

One of the largest aspects of Guild Wars is the missions. Right when you enter the game for the first time you will have a mission. The first mission can be considered the tutorial of how the game works. You may have already noticed by now that after you complete an objective and get a new one, a black box will appear in the top right corner with instructions of the next objective, if there are any.

But what happens if you forgot the next objective, or even the first one of a new mission? That’s easy to fix. Just hit the button associated with your quest window (usually ) . On this window you can find the name of the mission you are currently doing, other missions you may have accepted, and the objectives of the mission.

How may I get missions you ask? Well basically there are three ways to get missions. Either the game will give it to you after you complete another mission and you can continue from the town the mission left you off at. Sometimes the game will not give you a mission after you complete one, but oftentimes it hints at the end you need to talk to someone in the town you are in now to get the next part. Besides those two, you can also get a mission from various NPCs around different towns. Usually these missions aren’t related to the storyline that the game gives to you.

How do the missions work? Well one of the big features of Guild Wars is instanced quest courses. When you get in a group of people and start the mission, your group has an unique instance of the mission course. That means only people in your group can get in it. Every time you attempt the same mission the layout will be the same, but the instance will be different. On the compass you will see the layout of the land near you. In most missions you will be able to distinguish a road to follow to the objective you need to complete.

With this information, you should be ready to jump back into Guild Wars and start on the stories of war, love, and mystery. It is always fun to see the new twists in each mission that explain the story of Guild Wars piece by piece. Now get out there and learn the story my student!

Written by: Jetuser
Last updated: April 27, 2005
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Sat May 07, 2005 4:10 pm

Are quest absolutly nessesary to go on through the game?

Are there rewards?

Are they catagorized into difficulties?

Average time spent on quest in the first "chapter"
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun May 08, 2005 2:17 pm

I'll actually keep this short. See.. it all depends on how you word it Kid.

1.) Yes and no. Some you must do to advance the story. For example to get from chapter one to two you must A.) Get a second class B.) Randomly defend the wall from PvP 4on4 to advance.

2.) Yes.. some more than others.

3.) I would think that the reward merits the difficulty.

4.) 4-20 minutes for any quest.. so about 10 minutes. Depends on how you play. If you have to fight to get the prize.. it'll take longer. If you just move object A to B or fetch items/info it's way faster. Learn to use your map quickly.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Sun May 08, 2005 3:54 pm

Thank you.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon May 09, 2005 6:42 am

Np.. on a side note the quests in the 2nd chapter are taking way longer. Last night to get to the back side of the starting city I had to travel winding mountain roads (w/ ambushes of scorpians) and it was a bloody maze to get through. Had fun though it took me at least 45 minutes with dying twice.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Mon May 09, 2005 8:22 am

Lol... im gonna have fun w/ this.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Thu May 12, 2005 8:27 am

scorpians are no longer a favorite of mine.... neither are elementals..
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu May 12, 2005 9:59 am

What makes them so deadly is that you're in the middle of a battle with OTHER things when the usually show up out of the ground... so your enemy count went from 4-6 to 9-12.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Thu May 12, 2005 4:27 pm

when am i getting the invite to Ru in guild wars?
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub