battlefield 3 hopefully soon

Patches, new games, free games, cheats for games, etc...

battlefield 3 hopefully soon

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:48 pm

im pretty confident in about 2 weeks ill be buying a ps3 with battlefield 3 and the eagle eye mouse/keyboard conversion kit i hope the mouse /keyboard work.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: battlefield 3 hopefully soon

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 am

the eagle eye setup looks promising, and cheaper than similier products ive looked at, slightly concerned about the whole mouse not being "linear" thing,but ill take your opinion on it over some noob online any day :) for ps3? Thats gonna leave me outta gaming lol,no way im dropping $300 bucks for a new system,at least not at this point,maybe christmas idk. Been considering pickin g up Dead Island for xbox,since i STILL havent built me another computer yet lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:38 pm

well the only way i could afford it is im taking out a small loan against my 401k .foe me to stay with my xbox360 ids id have to rewrite the firmware again and i dont want to do that anymore, i had 1 random red ring of death pop up since my fix and it went away after i powered down and powered back up,so i just dont want to open it up anymore, the reason im going with ps3 is because theres no monthly charge to play online and i can kick my daughters boyfriends butt at bf3.she also wants to play some goofy games with him as well. so thats what im going with.if it wernt for the 401k loaN,theres no way i couls afford it either.

i actually thought you owned a ps3 too. i could of swore a month ago when i said i was leaning towards a ps3 ,ein messaged me and told me you found a good keyboard mouse for your ps3.i guess not.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Well, up until the 12th of November you could have bought a 160GB PS3 for $249.99 from Target/Amazon and got a $50 gift card to use at the store you bought it from as a bonus. I don't know if they.. well let me check... and that's a no. They may once again offer it with the $50 online credit or in store credit with Target.

Only if you have played BF3 on a PS3 and got good results Slayer.. then otherwise I'd be cautious about buying it. I'm kinda pissed off about my PC experience at the moment. I love the game but still get kicked far too often and don't seem to know for sure why. I've under clocked my video card and bumped the fan speed to max.. changed all settings to medium etc. and still get kicked about 23 minutes into a game. If I don't do anything intensive like get in the middle of a ton of action it seems to do fine. Then sometimes I can be running in an open low graphic field and still lock up. Oh well.. if I didn't have so much to do with other projects going on at the moment then I'd be interested in troubleshooting it more with a million tweaks. I never bothered to buy the Skyrim either due to how it's supposedly running like crap on a PC. Looks like it would be pretty good on Xbox or maybe PS3.. dunno.

When do you plan to get all of the hardware to test it? I'm curious about the mouse adapter. I'm willing to pickup the BF3 for PS3 if you are playing often. I don't ever really see Bubba playing on Xbox enough to warrant renewing the Gold/Live membership. We were talking about Dead Island.....
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 am

Skyrim is awesome and I have it on pc. Using the keyboard kind of sucked though. But I plugged in my xbox controller and now im in pure heaven. the game is a masterpiece,both graphical and with the music and I have a crappy video card. I hope to buy a top notch video card soon to really appreciate the eye candy.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:33 am

oh yeah, and on a side note,it sucks your ghhaving problems with bf3 on pc. Im read countless reviews by players and havent read anythingg bad.all great reviews. you must just be having bad luck.my daugters boyfriens says battlefies 3 is awesome oin the ps3 so im taking his word on it,hes a fps gamer too.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 am

i just hate the damn playstation controllers to be honest, just feels too dang small, however i believe there is a cheap adapter thing that lets you use xbox360 controllers for ps3, i know they have them to use ps3 controllers with xbox, surely they have the opposite lol.

Ok as far as the ps3 goes, i have one shot at it.....
Back Friday sale at walmart
PlayStation® 3 160GB Console with Bonus $199.96
• DualShock® 3 wireless controller
• Includes LittleBigPlanet™ 2 Special Edition and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One™ games
• PlayStationPlus 30-Day Membership

Valid Thu, Nov 24, 10pm - 12am

hmm...whats playstation plus? let me check...
PlayStation®Plus is a premium subscription that delivers free games, huge discouts and great exclusives for just over $4 a month.* Go to the PlayStation Store on your PlayStation 3 Console and click on the PlayStation Plus Category to access Plush today!
looks interesting, the free games dont look all that hot,but hey for a lil over $4 a monthg what can u expect? lol.

Ok, i can probably..well maybe swing the $200 bucks, and since its at walmart i may get the 10% discount, not sure if that applies to specials or not, ill have to check with the wife lol, then ill just have to get the game and a different type of controller, cause honestlyt, ive played call of duty black ops on my nephews ps3 and sucked ass at it, but im pretty good on the 360, only difference is the controller lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Slayer.. it's not just me having the kick issues. Yes, the BF3 game is awesome. Not sure about Skyrim.. I read that one is probably better off to get it on Xbox or PS3. Dunno.. I'll wait regardless. Although your opinion on the PC version does carry weight with me. I can get over the elitest issues being a PC player with a console port as long as the game works. Hell, we played the Wolfenstein game and that was a pure port.. laggy as all crap and not that "great" of a game but the spirit of the game was there. If people still played it.. I'd keep playing it for sure. :)

Anyway.. dunno. Most people and reviews I read/know say that the free service on PSN works just fine. You do have the occasional lag issue but that would be better than toughing it out paying $40-60 per year just for Gold membership to access Netflix. You get Netflix access for free on PSN (with Netflix subscription of course). Most people on PSN or PS3 tend to be around our age. Mostly pre-teen and college kids are on Xbox most studies show. Dunno how accurate their numbers were.. but the few games I have to play online didn't have people screaming and cussing on the PS3 unlike some of the crap I heard on Xbox. Do I care? No.. I can just mute them otherwise but that really takes away from the game not being able to play a team game.

Oh.. one other thing.. we can ALL play MAG online. I quit playing but would gladly play with you guys and the game is cheap $30 new or less for used. So.. we can do BF3 and MAG. I still think at least one of us (me) will have a problem with the mouse lag. I already have an adapter and would consider buying the one your talking about depending on how well you do/or not Slayer. I've already got a good video card for GW2 when it's released.. so I'm good there.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 am

yeah theres nothing wrong with playing it on platforms. i just wanted you to know there were no lag issues on pc. the people who have had lag issues are people that are incapable of thinking for themselves or doing the least bit of troubleshooting. if the skyrim pc version has any flaw,its its the auto selecting of your video settings.for my computer,it game me medium settings which have worked perfectly.for the girls laptop which is a faster computer with a little bit better video card,its selected "high video settings" and gave her all the eye candy. but her game lagged its not because the game is laggy,it just selected the wrong video settings for her.once she changed her settings to medium quality,her game ran smooth as silk. i didnt like the keyboard setup much for the game.i lay on the couch a lot with a heating pad, so holding a keyboard in my lap was a pain in the ass and finding all the correct keys to hit whilr in action was hard. So i was going to get the game for xbox until a friend of mine at work told me the pc version is compatable with xbox360 controllers.so i plugged the controller into my pc and as i said,im in pure heaven now. the magic in the game and the scenery is nothing short of spectacular. you wont be disappointed whichever platform you choose to play it on. though if your sporting a quadcore with one of the newer video cards out there,youd be nuts not to go pc, my friend says playing the game at high video settings is breath taking
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:53 pm

That's what I hear.. but I don't have a Xbox controller for PC. Humm... might tough it out. Ok.. so when you getting the PS3 and BF3? I take it we all need to wait until Christmas, correct? :)

Also.. don't forget about MAG.. that's another game with 250 players we can play AND it's in the discount bin now! If you are interested.. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 pm

you dont have a xbox controller? heh. How do you own a xbox without a xbox controller. Unless you thought you need a special xbox360 controller for pc or some converter. In which casew you dont. you just grab the xbox 360 controller and plug it into the usb slot and your good to go. Its gonna be a little more of a delay on the ps3 now. The 401k loan papers were suppose to arive my mail on Thursday. About 30 minutes before I went to go get my mail from the office mailboxes I heard some sirens. To make a long short. The lake village office burned to the ground in a fire.Brianna snapped this picture as we went to check it out. SO I had to request new papers sent to me at HAl Leonard.

{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Zog on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:03 am

Heard about the fire Lordy. How close was that to your place? I hope you didnt have any packages in the mail room.
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:06 am

Any Xbox to PC controller I've seen requires a cable.. the USB cable you are talking about I think. I only have battery/wireless controllers without a cable. While not expensive, that's just one more thing to pick up if I go that route (just something I'll have to keep in mind).

I realize you needed a good cover story to delay having to produce the PS3 before Christmas, but burning down your local post office?! WTH!? I mean, I can accept the fact that you don't want to give me your user ID on PSN. ;)

Sorry to hear about the post office but it's a good thing that this happened with some time to spare rather than a week or so before Christmas. You probably have other gifts and what not to get besides this. Whatever you guys come up with I'll follow suit I think as playing by yourself isn't but 10 percent of fun versus 90%+ with friends. Doesn't really matter what you're playing.. except Slayer doesn't like Zombies too much. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:29 am

ahhh yes,the wireless controller.ok i no longer think your mental.yes you would need the standard wired controller to use with your pc. yah i will still have the money before xmas but im pissed because i wanted it be4 black friday so i could of got some deals.the only thing thats bugging me now about the ps3 is something bubba said that i had forgot about.and its those stupid smaller controllers.but i guess for bf3 that womt matter as im getting the eagle eye conversion kit for keyboard and mouse.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 am

yea lordy, us big handed people gotta stick together! lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Next

Return to Gaming Discussion