Music Poll, the real thing

Music discussions and honky tonky bar brawls..

What type of music do you like?

rock
9%
rap
18%
heavy metal (i.e. Metalica)
64%
other (please say what other is while you post)
9%

Total votes : 11

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Yeah I know Roger waters. One of the originals of Floyd. I always hoped that waters would rejoin Floyd and put on one more show together. Though I loved the Wall. Im not a huge fan of Waters music anymore. Most of it is politicly motivated if you ask me. A few months ago I downloaded a couple of Roger Waters newer songs and didnt care for them. But maybe some of my musical tastes have just changed. Yes Floyd rules. I have all there cd's. I have never seen them live in concert and I pray for the day they tour the US again, if they ever do. I had an oportuninty the last time they toured the US and I passed up on it because I was tight on cash. I told myself I wouldnt miss the next one. Well the next one hasnt come yet. I have most of there live shows downloaded on my computer. I watch them a lot. I even had Zoggy over and showed him what one of there finallies are like> What a light show I tell ya. Noone can put on a better show then Floyd in my opinion.

Did you ever here the story about the pig lawsuit that Waters put on Floyd so they couldnt use the pig in anymore of there Cocerts? He won the case but David Gilmour put a set of testicles on the pig and then it was legit to use it .lol Feuding band members I tell ya.lol./
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:55 pm

Don't know em. Don't think i want to either :roll: Unless he's really that good.
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby Baidu [Spider] on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:41 am

{Ru}Kid wrote:Don't know em. Don't think i want to either :roll: Unless he's really that good.

??? Never heard of Pink Floyd? Kid you better start doing you're homework :P
Baidu [Spider]
Forum Sergeant First Class

Postby MSNbot Media on Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:18 am

{Ru}Kid wrote:Don't know em. Don't think i want to either :roll: Unless he's really that good.

well, he was the evil ruler so to speak of Pink Floyd. He wanted total control of the band, and had it for a long time till they kicked him out, or till he quit, whichever story you want to believe...
I think he's an insane genius myself...If you want to see what his life was like, just watch "The Wall"...It's what Waters built around himself to hide from the rest of us...The dude was on the verge of total insanity...
I didnt like Waters music at first, but the more you listen to it, the more you like it kinda thing...
my 2 cents worth...
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby MSN [Bot] on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:35 am

Punk, grunge, electro, lounge, heavy metal, rock.
I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Motley Crue, Helloween, Sepultura, Motorhead and Guns&Roses, but now i am much more into electro stuffs like Chemical Brothers, Death in Vegas, Fatboy Slim, Daft Punk. My all time favs are Ramones and Smashing Pumpkins. I love also Sex Pistols, early Green Day, Pearl Jam, U2, Lacuna Coil, Jamiroquai, MUM, Blur, Gorillaz, Tom Waits, Oasis, Beastie Boys, Offsprings, David Bowie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Garbage, Rancid, Kiss. I also collect movies and animes soundtracks.
MSN [Bot]
Greenie - a.k.a. new guy

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:12 pm

Lol, ok. first, no i have never heard of what ever that dude was, second, i am growing up listening to Iron Maiden
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby MSNbot Media on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:18 am

{Ru}Kid wrote:Lol, ok. first, no i have never heard of what ever that dude was, second, i am growing up listening to Iron Maiden

Hey Kid, I seen Girls School, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at an outdoor concert in Arizona back in 82 when I was in the Marine Corps...It was a good show too...No one would party with us because they thought we were narcs with our short military style haircuts...lol
We sat in the middle of the stands and we had like a 20 foot buffer zone around us where no one would sit...what a trip that was...Then we started to get stoned and had 8 girls join us out of nowhere cuz one of my friends had a t-shirt on that had the word "ROADIE" on it. So they thought we with the band cuz we were smoking I guess...
Ah, the good ole dayz...I'm suprised I remembered that due to the fact that I have but a couple of brain cells left....And I've been trying to kill them off as well...
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby Baidu [Spider] on Fri May 06, 2005 9:28 pm

DAGO wrote:
{Ru}Kid wrote:Lol, ok. first, no i have never heard of what ever that dude was, second, i am growing up listening to Iron Maiden

Hey Kid, I seen Girls School, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at an outdoor concert in Arizona back in 82 when I was in the Marine Corps...It was a good show too...No one would party with us because they thought we were narcs with our short military style haircuts...lol
We sat in the middle of the stands and we had like a 20 foot buffer zone around us where no one would sit...what a trip that was...Then we started to get stoned and had 8 girls join us out of nowhere cuz one of my friends had a t-shirt on that had the word "ROADIE" on it. So they thought we with the band cuz we were smoking I guess...
Ah, the good ole dayz...I'm suprised I remembered that due to the fact that I have but a couple of brain cells left....And I've been trying to kill them off as well...

Who was doing vocals for Iron Maiden? DiAnno or Dickenson? just curious...right around the time Dickenson took over i think. Would've been cool to see either, but i prefer Dickenson. And Judas Priest...what else can ya say... My first show was Kiss on their Animalize tour with Dokken opening, in '85 i think, in Lacrosse, Wi. I was like 12 years old and my mom didnt feel right about it just being myself and my older brother (he was like 15 or 16) so she came along,lol....great show nonetheless, i think she had as good a time as we did :lol:
Baidu [Spider]

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Fri May 06, 2005 11:42 pm

bruce played after paul
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Postby Baidu [Spider] on Sat May 07, 2005 12:32 am

{Ru}Kid wrote:bruce played after paul

yes i realize that Kid...i didnt know you were on a first name basis with them :o
Baidu [Spider]

Postby MSNbot Media on Sat May 07, 2005 5:10 am

Not too sure Zog....It was a little "hazey" that day....
I do remember Eddie walking all over the stage though...
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby NG-Search [Bot] on Sat May 07, 2005 8:28 am

Lol, i should know these things, i just watched an Iron Maiden DVD....
NG-Search [Bot]
Forum First Sergeant
Forum First Sergeant

Previous

Return to The Music Lounge