for ein

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

for ein

Postby FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:52 pm

FAST WebCrawler [Crawler]
Forum Sergeant
Forum Sergeant

Postby Francis [Bot] on Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:50 pm

To:Vic

Sorry for the confusion the last few months(since you are dedicated Gainward user) but we are being bought out now,so screw off.

Thank in advance,
fomally Gainward.

](*,) [-(
Francis [Bot]
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:46 pm

I did find it odd that Vic couldn't get the cards from egghead. Like I said, "If they are not going to give customers what the want.. they don't need to be in business."

That's too bad.. that would now be the third card maker that I liked get bought out/sold out. Luckily, the main feature that I liked about that brand was the O/C of the chips. Now three 1/2 years later most nVidia/ATi cards either come with a similar utility or you can download one from overclockers.com for it. So.. the only thing I guess I'll miss is the trusted name brand. Not that I still don't do the ups/downs of cards I plan to buy.. it was nice to fall back on a favorite.

Thanks for the news. At least it's not like when I picked up my Voodoo 5500 and the went out of business a month later.. when the card's memory flaked out on me. It was horribly depressing talking to one of the tech guys about to lose his job.. and all he could really say was,"you can go to voodooextreme.com to try some other stuff.. but we've been told that nVidia's not doing much to support our former customers. I'm sorry sir, but I thank you for supporting Voodoo all the same." Something along that line anyway... I hate nVidia.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to The Circuit Board