Week of June 15th

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

Re: Week of June 15th

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:09 am

ummm... no idea what your talking about as far as the whole margarite and goren thing lol, im not farming any kind of mission, im farming the hidden city itself lol, it does suck having to bring a bonder monk though,well, not having to per se, i could use my 55 monk build just 600/smite is faster.Sometimes i can get another monk to tag along as a smiter and it goes ALOT faster, last guy got 8 essences in 2 runs lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 am

{Ru}Bubba wrote:ummm...
, last guy got 8 essences in 2 runs lol.

yeah sure he did... and youve got 5 essences on how many runs.lol whats your djinn per minute.lol and i see what your doing now. i havent done that mission yet with my in Sin,so the only available thing for me is thenmission. but im beginning to remember the explorable area now,isnt there a area in the city thats alnost all gold, i sort of remember there being a lot of djinn. but i thought most were ruby or diamond djinn
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 pm

typed alot of crap here trying to explain about the djinn, then i though, why not a pic? lol this is the room where you spawn in at, this is where most ppl farm at, sometimes i go on into the explorable a bit to get more djinn, but it's not time efficient lol.the pic is in NM but i farm in HM for the extra drops lol.Takes about 3-4 mins to clear the entire room.Note the 8 saphire djinn
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:33 pm

they say a pic is worth a thousand words. Yep it looks like plenty of djinn. But thats what I was afraid of there, I was hoping there would be groups of saphire djinn by themselves.now for the part I like to do the best. That being the math. there are 8 saphire djinn out of the 16 djinn in that screenshot. SO the odds of getting your drop when you kill the saphire djinn vs the other djinn, is at 50%, and then out of that 50% or 4 djin, the odds of getting the saphire essence to drop is even lower yet, PLus the time it takes you to kill everything. Ive killed 6 saphires djinn on a run without getting a essence, but it only takes 2 minutes. SO repetitive 2 minute runs of just killing saphire djinn is far better odds than your odds of getting essences from your long run having to kill everything. Not that the run doesnt look fun. I just like crunching numbers and playing the odds. Its anal I know. But I have to do it. Its a compulsion. I need help.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Well, I've yet to get all of mine as of Wednesday.. so if you have any to spare Bubba I'd appreciate it. I only have 2 out of an unknown number of runs. It's kinda funny you mention killing the other Rubies etc. Slayer.. because as soon as I'd swing out of my way to kill one of them they'd sure enough drop a Ruby Essence.. and I'd instantly think.. I just forked myself out of the drop I needed.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:35 am

well, in my personal belief, as soon as you spawn into an area all the monsters are set with what they are gonna drop, regardless of what order or what else you kill,they may not be the way it is,but i do know its probably easier to prgram them that way instead of haveing a random drop generator that runs each time an enemy is killed,although in hind sight, that may be why you almost always get less drop if you kill alot at once,maybe the generators cant keep up that fast? hmm...i dont have enough of a programming knowledge to know for sure, i may do some checking on it if i dont get too lazy lol, on a personal note i finally got my engine in my truck put back together with full competition crank shaft and gears, true duel exhaust and all, runs like a sewing machine for now lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:50 am

ok,after timing 4 runs, as long as there are no more than 1 diamond djinn per side i can do the run in 3 mins, with a hero, with a real person its alot faster
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:54 am

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote: because as soon as I'd swing out of my way to kill one of them they'd sure enough drop a Ruby Essence.. and I'd instantly think.. I just forked myself out of the drop I needed.

Yeah thats what im saying.. It looks awesome for the number of saphire djinn. But when your killing the others thats when the drops at the right time are against you. weve gotten all are presents. Ive sold 30 essences for 2.5k -3k a piece. SO I made a small fortune farming them. But it got boring even if it was good money. I got a nice solo run down now in the FOW. I got 9 obby shards ,2 saphire and to obby keys this morning. That put a smile on my face.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:08 am

{Ru}Bubba wrote:ok,after timing 4 runs, as long as there are no more than 1 diamond djinn per side i can do the run in 3 mins, with a hero, with a real person its alot faster

well you need to download fraps and make a video then. A lot faster that 3 minutes huh? LoL I would love to see you and another person do that entire run in 45 seconds. Because thats what would need to be done if it was alot faster.still only 8 saphire djinn with random drops mixed in with killing everything else. hmmm.Dont matter anyway. The weekend is over.You can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.lol

As for the predetermined drops. Not a chance. I know that from experiance. I had the underworld chaos plains down to a science with my experimenting. If I killed a few guys and got drops and then took on 24 of the mindblade specters. Many times I would get nothing but 200 gols for killing 24 guys. ON the other side of it. I got to 2 groups of 12 mindblade spectres and ran away from them. Then I would go kill something else until I got no drops from what I killed. At this point, I would go back to the 24 mindblade spectres and kill them. And I would get like 9 drops. I posted a screenshot a long time ago of where I got 4 ectos drop from a group of 24 mindblades using this theory. BUt the only people that know for sure are the people who program it. And it doesnt matter how much you know about programming because there are multiple ways to program anything including how the drops work.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm

{Ru}Lord_Slayer wrote:....And it doesnt matter how much you know about programming because there are multiple ways to program anything including how the drops work.
Well, I'm the subject matter expert here on this topic. It doesn't matter what either of you know or even I suspect. What they (anet) can do anything they want and change it at any time (and they have many times). They can code it so that you get shit drops if you use certain skills (like Sliver Armor.. or EOTN skills like Standard of Honor etc.), also they can code it that you get more drops if your health is mostly below 50% meaning it's difficult for you to do this run/mission.. they can code it so that only certain times/days of the week/non-event/etc. items drop more or less frequently. On one hand, we do know that certain items are set for a possible drop when those monsters spawn. For example, if a dead sword is in a ghost servants hand during the defend the undead king mission.. you have a chance to get it. In fact, many monsters you see holding a certain type of weapon you have a chance that they will drop it on death. Then we also have the other X percent of random drops that can come from a foe.. like a green drop/money/armor/etc. Even so, no matter how it is today, they can change it. I know that during the event weekends and events like the birthdays they have to push some code changes to player's computers. That's how those guys looked at the code to determine what the new birthday presents were last year (as well as this year probably).

Anyway... I think you are partially right Bubba about some items being set when you start an instance and the monsters spawn.. but there is still mostly random drops that determine 90% or better of what you end up with. However, it was uncanny how I handn't gotten any sapphire essences.. for about 8 runs.. and then swung over to kill a flame djhinn but got his ruby essence. Then the same thing happened the immediate time after that. Also, I'm kinda concerned that the number of presents opened Nick's stuff could also be how many you open per week as to what you could get. The more you open the greater the chances you get the more rare items. Humm.. dunno but we've all gone through this multiple weeks with crap drops. I did get a rare item.. but one that doesn't sell well which is the Walking Stick.. very similar to Oola's stick.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Zog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 am

Sorry to interrupt the discussion but i was wondering what Vent server do you guys use now? I popped on both saturday night/sunday morning and see Beers is up and running again, i also stopped on the freebie one, but didnt see anyone on either server. And now back to your regularly scheduled program :)
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:34 am

if beers is back up and runing, I make a motion to quit using the freevent and start using beers again, any seconds?
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Zog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 am

Seconds! ...thirds?
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:12 pm

well i would say thirds. but we havent heard from him in awhile. i know he was playing a differnt game with some friends for awhile.id hate to use his slots if hes using it for something else. but otherwisem id be game to going back
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks Zog for mentioning that!!! I'll call Beer this evening and let him know we've been using another one. Also I'll check in on 'em. They will close the nearby Quebecor printing plant the first week of July here so I hope he's doing ok job wise. I'll let you guys know if I get in touch with him or not. Last time I called, I left a message with no response.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Previous

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub