video card question

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

video card question

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:06 am

Ok, I gave a buddy of mine my old video card. It was a "128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX w/TV-Out"

He needs drivers for this and I dont have the disk anymore if I ever had it. It was a preinstalled video card...Now I went to the ATI site and I couldnt find any drivers for this particular video card..

SO does anyone know where I can get drivers for this card, Or can he just install one of the new ATI Catalyst drivers that supports the radeon 9700 series cards. Im showing my noobish side now, So give me some good info people... My new 256Mb vid card kicks azz, and that is what I will be doing to Headshot if he gets silly and plays on the opposite team of me.... :wink:
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:38 am

I *thought* that ATi had unified drivers just like nVidia's. I could be wrong. If I am, then get the daughter boards make/model number from the screen printing on the circuit board.. and then just type it in www.hotbot.com or your favorite search engine.. I guarantee you'll find either the drivers or a webpage telling you where to go.

-EIN
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:05 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:I *thought* that ATi had unified drivers just like nVidia's. I could be wrong. If I am, then get the daughter boards make/model number from the screen printing on the circuit board.. and then just type it in www.hotbot.com or your favorite search engine.. I guarantee you'll find either the drivers or a webpage telling you where to go.

-EIN

Yeah thanks EIn. I was 99% sure they had unified drivers as well. But I needed to be 100 % sure. If my memory serves me correctly. NVIDIA came out with the unified drivers first and then ATI said "HOLY SHIT" We better do that too.lol.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:17 am

Postby FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:07 pm

Latest version of Catalysts run all Radeons....
FAST WebCrawler [Crawler]
Forum Sergeant
Forum Sergeant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:15 pm

Well.. I think that when you try the One DL for ALL.. you get the massive DL's. It does make is simpler though and I'm all for that. I beats having to go in like in the past to clean up an older driver out of your registry.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to The Circuit Board