direct x 11

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

direct x 11

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 pm

oh ive been hearing for a couple years about direct x 11 being available if you have a directx 11 compatable video card. But whenever I try to find out where to down;load the directx 11 drivers, all I get is page after page of links that lead to discussions about direct x 11. my ati 5870 video card supports direct x 11. so what the hell do i do. Does it just install it when you update the drivers for your video card. Cripe, this is the internet age, You can findo out how to do or how to get anything on the net. Why the hell cant I figure out how to get direct x 11? :evil:
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: direct x 11

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 am

If you already have Win 7, it should be part of the OS anyway if you have a supporting video card as you already have now. If you have Vista, yes, you'll have to download an update. Naturally you still want your video card drivers as most of them are tweaked for better performance rather than a generic Windows driver would be.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17431
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

danke
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member