Christmas Shopping list:

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

Re: Christmas Shopping list:

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:04 pm

If I were dreaming of a gaming rig (not multipurpose), I’d get some solid state drives stripped/raid 0. I would get the GTX 590 Super superclocked video card rather than the 580, and have 3 of them in SLI mode. Then I’d also get some 7.1 speakers or a Senhouser (sp) headset but the Turtle Beach PX21 is all I need for excellent gaming headsets. Nice list, I didn’t realize the mobos could run dual ATI & nVidia cards at the same time while playing games.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:55 pm

what i liked about the motherboards i looked at was that they could use the onboard videao for no graphic intensive stuff and still use the card for the gaming stuff, and since when are graphics cards you put in a machine called "discrete"?
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Zog on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:57 pm

You had me at the first link Bubba...that case is freaking huge. I like the body of it, but man thats a monster. But hey if you're gonna dream..dream big. Been thinking about getting a new tower pc too, but settled for a laptop instead, and i like the mobility.
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:41 am

Mobility! Woohoo! I think of mobility as a 50 foot ethernet patch cable! :mrgreen:
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:59 am

Mobility is awesome zog, but with what i can,or in thiis case cant afford, i just wanna play games :( preferably with ppl i know so i can feel bad later for cussing them out while they cant hear me :P i guess im gonna try to break down and buy a piece at a time til i can build a computer. i actually miss playing WoW too, and guild wars, one of my accounts on guildwars got hacked, not my primary though so screw it lol, did some halloween drop farming last night on my main, lots of pumpkin coookies,but not anything good. And my wow account got hacked again, Blizzard finally felt sorry for me and sent me a free authinticator lol, if i ever play again ill use it, but imma start from scratch with a whole new account next time. allllmost picked up bf3 for xbox,but decided against it, i gotta focus on a computer!! ugg...
Oh that tower in the first link, freakin sweet! 50 lbs is a lil heavy empty, but around here...umm pc's need to be a lil extra tough lol and that would probably survive longer. i like how all the cables remain hidden, i believe noise would be an issue but meh, ill just turn the game music up louder to compensate :)
havent really been doin any gaming at all here lately, some kinect stuff with the kid but thats about it. Slowly working towards my gold weapon camo on black ops, only 12 more prestige resets to go sigh lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:06 pm

i miss gaming with guys. yeah i got bored and played a little gw this weekend as well i got just a few more tot bags than you but i havent opened them yet. :wink:

{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Just a few more eh? I think you're slacking Mr. Slayer! :D
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 pm

yea if i wasnt sooo damn lazy... lol all i did was farm some spiders with my ele, i dont evemn know if any of my other farming builds would even still work or not lol
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:37 am

there are to great farms left in gq. One is the raptors with a necro or warrior and the other is the vatere farm west of longeye ledge with a sin/monk or a sin/mez
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:46 am

so you cant do the vaetire farm with a obbyflesh ele anymore? uggg f-ing bastards!
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm

{Ru}Bubba wrote:so you cant do the vaetire farm with a obbyflesh ele anymore? uggg f-ing bastards!

you can buts its way harder. i went for my survivor title with my elementalist/obby on the vaetire and if you dont do the sequence just right or quick enough you die. i had made it to level 2 survivor with elem and died in 1 second because i was a half second late on a skill. the sin/monk is the easiest farm for that.its a snoozfest but yoyu will never die. the fatest is the sin/ mezmer.its ultra fast but you have to hit a "next target" key while spamming your skill
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:42 am

Have the 'un' nerfed the drop rate or has that still been limited to low quality golds and few of them as well? What is the cash run worth these days?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:47 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:Have the 'un' nerfed the drop rate or has that still been limited to low quality golds and few of them as well? What is the cash run worth these days?

of couse the drop rate on normal everyday farming for golds suck. they put that program of loot skaling and reduced drop rates of over farming. but during events they turn that off. so gold drop like mad. i made a small fortune over halloween. i could sell my tot stacks for about 700,000 gold. but i also made a ton of money selling 7 golds for 5k. i didnt figure out how much money i made an hour over halloween.but it was prolly about 50k. i didnt farm all those tot stacks either. there were 3 quests in kamadan and lions arch that were super easy.each one gave you a stack of tot bags,and with all my characters.it was eaasy to get that many.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Oh wow.. a stack for a single quest.. wow.. I never knew that. You could have invited us.. but you never do. :P

Anyway, what were the masks this year? Anything good?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Next

Return to The Circuit Board