Nicely priced shop for wiring houses and networks

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

Nicely priced shop for wiring houses and networks

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:08 pm

I just bought some stuff from these guys. Seems ok so far.. I ordered one item that got back-ordered so they tossed in some free stuff today.

Check 'em out if you're a wire puller:

http://www.compunettech.com

They had a sale last week of 10% off everything.. but I missed that joker by a day. :( Still, the prices are better than many I've seen.

-EIN
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby FAST Enterprise [Crawler] on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:26 pm

Looks like a neat site. I bookmarked it to check out more later. :wink:
FAST Enterprise [Crawler]
Forum Sergeant First Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:57 pm

Guinness was asking about the standards for Cat7.. so here's the white paper on it. They hadn't finalized the Cat7 I didn't think as of the release of this WP. HeadShot, I had searched several sites and Pricewatch had these guys listed in one of their ads. If I have any problems, I'll post again. Also.. Guin.. so you know I'm not crazy I'm running my 5e through PVC so that I can re-run Cat7 when it's out and the cost is cheaper. I'll need new keystones then anyway. You'd be so proud to know that I even picked up a web managed switch just to play with in my house with the new lines. :lol:

P.S.: Headshot they also do qty discounts so if your work needs to negotiate keystones etc.. you might consider asking these guys to submit a bid.

Category| Test Frequency| 10/100BaseT 1000BaseT| Future Applications| Relative Cost
Cat 5 | 100 MHz | Yes | Yes | No | $
Cat 5e | 100 MHz | Yes | Yes | Maybe | $
Cat 6 | 250 MHz | Yes | Yes | Yes | $$
Cat 7 | 600 MHz | Yes | Yes | Yes | $$$$
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby Google [Bot] on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:21 am

i don't think you will be replacing cat5e any time soon, cat5e runs giga speed so if you even, someday, upgrade your nics and switch to gigaspeed your cat5e will be able to handle it :).
on other hand major difference between cat5e and 6 ( that i care about) is that cat6 can run up to 10k? so what is the max for cat7?

@my old place i had cat6 in every room 2 drops :), but the house whee i live now everything is in office and within the office i have a closet and my servers are mounted on rack cabinet in it :). no need to run cabling around the house anymore and i like it like this. and my cisco AP350 is covering rest of the house for LT.

when cat7 comes out i think i might be able to get you some and ship it out from my old company if you really want to show up with it :p

what did you mean with web based switch ????
Google [Bot]

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:36 am

Guinn, Maybe if you switch to CAT 7 your vent server will run a little better...lol.. Its been awhile since I harassed you about that.lol . Ok back to your discussions. I have no clue what you guys are talking about. To advanced for me. Heh.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:25 pm

Guinness.. I can manage the switch from a browser rather than a direct console(a.k.a. a toy). I picked it up at a good price and I'm building the wiring closet as a smaller room (more like a 1/2 closet) where everything merges connected to the new computer room. Any server/pc equipment will be in the room though, not the wiring closet. When I'm done with it.. it'll look more like an office wiring closet uplink to a server room. Also I'll be re-running my phone wires to eliminate any hops between the phone plug and the router. I might not see any improvement because it's new wire and the hop points are clean for threaded wiring. eh.. I'll try anyway.

Cat 7.. humm.. the only thing I can think of that will need that will be video streaming stuff around the house.. but I doubt I'd need that any time soon. However, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth if you have extra in the future. :D I have a wireless node setup for some of our units but only if I get a tablet PC would I use it.

I'm using Netgear equipment for my wireless network. What are the rest of you using for yours? The double 108MBs USB nic they've got is really nice with great performance (even in formerly dead areas).

-EIN

I have no idea what the max is.. if it's 10G for Cat 6.. then a leap of faith would be 100G for 7? It's definitely not going to be 1T! Headshot any ideas?
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Well.. my first order got screwed up. They shorted me about 1/2 my order. I'll call tomorrow and see how this is straightened out. Right now it looks like it's going to get ugly because my patience is wearing thin.
-Me
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to The Circuit Board