I-INC 28" LCD Monitor **New Toy**

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

I-INC 28" LCD Monitor **New Toy**

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:44 pm

I-INC 27.5" LCD Monitor

First impression: I've died and gone to gaming heaven!
Second impression: I cannot believe it is this good for this price ($419 total including 3 day shipping to my home). Still high but it's not like an Apple Cinema Display at over $1k!

My purchase link at TigerDirect: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=3774

Description: Enjoy life-like, detailed graphics and video with I-Inc's iF-281DPB 28-inch WUXGA LCD Monitor. The iF-281DPB features a stunning widescreen display that offers High brightness, stunning contrast ratio and 16.7 million displayable colors. Enjoy streak and ghost-free images with the iF-281DPB's 3ms response time. High-quality built-in speakers provide superb sound reproduction. The iF-281DPB also features HDMI and VGA connections. Breathe new life into your computing with the I-Inc iF-281DPB 28-inch widescreen LCD monitor.

Tech Specs:

Summary
Description: iF-281DPB Black 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor
Manufacturer: I-INC
Lowest Price:$418.52

Display Panel
Brightness: 500 cd/m2
Pitch: 0.309 mm
Horizontal Viewing Angle: 160 degrees
Vertical Viewing Angle: 160 degrees
Contrast Ratio: 800:1(it would be nice if it were higher but I cannot imagine how much better it could look currently)
Color Depth: 16.7 Million Colors (24-bit)
Viewable Size: 27.5 in
Aspect Ratio: 16:10
Max Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Response Time: 3 ms (no flicker at all.. it's sweet)
Diagonal Size: 28 in

Interface
Interface Connection: Audio - Line In, Audio - Line Out, Video - 15 pin High-Density D-shell (VGA), Video - HDMI

Other Features
Energy Star Compliant: Yes Included Devices: Monitor Stand, Speakers General Features: HDCP, Headphone Jack, Wallmount Monitor Color: Black

Dimensions
Weight: 24 lbs Depth: 26.4 in Width: 8.4 in Height: 20 in

I'll upload a pic.. ugh.. I hope this weekend. I think I just lie now when I say that.. I still have to get all the Japan photos picked through for some to post for you guys... and gals!
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Re: I-INC 28" LCD Monitor **New Toy**

Postby {Ru}Zog on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:15 am

Pretty good deal Ein, any dead pixels? I noticed that a couple of people had that issue in the consumer comments area. I wish i had the tilt feature on my Samsung.
{Ru}Zog
Forum Second Lieutenant
Forum Second Lieutenant

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Nope! Not a single dead pixel or even backlight bleeding in.. there is a handling scratch that you cannot see when the unit is working.. but if I glance in the lower corner (and using the reflecting light to see).. then I can see something that looks like a brush stroke.. but again.. you have to look in the reflected light to see it and I have good eye-sight but cannot see it on even a solid black or solid white background even knowing where to look.

It's perfect.. and playing GW or COD4 in 1440x900 is awesome! Now I figure that what will happen is the monitor will junk out on me and then I'm out money at the end of warranty.

This is the same monitor as the HANNS-G 28" I think.. not sure.. but I think I've read it's the same LCD screen but the tilt/swivel base might be different. I know my eyes feel better looking at it.. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:34 am

been looking through old post and such and ran across this, if your runing cod4 at that high of a resoulution, it may be why you "lag" out so much. Also i was checking tiger direct and i could get one for 371.98 including shipping.So how is it doing atm?
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:38 am

3ms refresh is not why I'm lagging.. it's not the monitor.. it's the processor. My P4 processor is the bottle neck.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:12 am

im thinking you lag comes from your keyboard. :roll: The new quad core keyboards will straighten the lag out for you right away. :mrgreen:
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:31 pm

The only true test is to get a new processor/mobo to be sure..
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:44 pm

One thing I want to add to this: Bubba, you have seen me lag in the game.. jumping around in those *extreme* cases. That is not caused by the monitor I'm using. While I know that the max resolution would hurt my frame rates experienced in the game (as I once said I got mostly green 60-80 fps) when I changed it to 1440x940 or something close to that.. that's when I took a major FPS hit but it's not unplayable. It's the CPU having to keep up with the game I guess. Before, when I was using a smaller screen resolution, that probably helped keep my CPU/GPU not busting it's chops trying to keep up.. but now it's not so easy. I could make it smaller.. but nah. I can live with the rare lag (although it's not happy time). Oh.. and we'll see about that keyboard thingy.. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:54 pm

I'll have to go with Bubba on this one. To high a screen resolution and you reach lag city. Your P4 and video card plus ram is better than both Bubba's and my computer. I only have 1 gig of memory and only a half ass vid card. I get no lag anymore. I use to have a higher screen resolution before when I played COD4 but I lagged like mad. I did turn down some other things. But when I went down a screen resolution. That made a huge difference.

Now I have to get me a bag of popcorn and a comfy chair waiting for EIn to read this and blow a gaskit because Bubba and I dont agree with him.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:08 am

Actually, I'm gonna sit back and laugh my ass off Slayer becuase you are agreeing with me (not Bubba). That is what I posted above saying that the screen size taxes my system MORE than what Bubba claims in his opinion was the new monitor response time in the post just above mine. :biglaugh:
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:06 pm

oh , lol, I guess I didnt read it carefully enough. LOL. It isnt the first time I had no idea what im talking about and prolly wont be the last.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm

:biglaugh: Thank you for shopping, drive through! :biglaugh:

Just picking.. and I'm just glad we're all still here to joke around.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:36 pm

dont go all crazy just yet slayer, i didn't say anything at all about his monitor response time, just the screen resolution, so we're still right :P
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:05 am

:biglaugh: Gonna laugh at you too Bubba for that comment! Still wrong.. lol!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:53 am

Ill put in in plain English. Ein is wrong and Bubba is right. Your P4 is not the issue. My kids 6 year old computer can play COd4 fine with the proper screen resolution. If you turn your screen resolution down to 1024x768, I guarentee you will have little to no lag. I know your trying to say that your p4 is the bottleneck for the lag you receive playing at your current ungodly screen setting. But the fix is not to build a better rig. The solution is to realize what you do have and put your screen resolution to the proper setting of 1024x768 to get lag free gameplay.Your also a Punk. SO that explains a lot.Now for another bowl of popcorn and my reading glasses and technical handbook I will use to understand what EIn is going to say in his response.

Eins response: 8o() :P
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Next

Return to The Circuit Board