Benchmark tools

Discuss your new PC/MAC hardware/sofware. Ask questions about what is hot and what is not. Suggestions and new product announcements that deal with most any new/old PC/MAC hardware or software.

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:12 pm

oh yeah. I have an ATI 256MB card.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:18 pm

My score was 888. I thought I had a good system. Dont know why the low score. 2.66gh computer, 512 Mb ram, 256 ATI vid card. Ill have to read up on some of this.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:18 pm

make sure you have up to date GART drivers for the chipset on your motherboard. Ati just came out with a new driver 5.4 .

Postby MSNbot Media on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 am

{Ru}Lord_Slayer wrote:My score was 888. I thought I had a good system. Dont know why the low score. 2.66gh computer, 512 Mb ram, 256 ATI vid card. Ill have to read up on some of this.

Yea, that seems really low...
List your system spec's...
CPU=Pentium or AMD
Which ATI video card...
Is the vid card overclocked at all?
Did you buy or build your pc?
Do you have the latest vid card drivers?
Before you run the test...Run Ad-Aware to get rid of any spyware..This is a GREAT program, and it's free..I use it a couple times a week to get rid of all that internet leftover crap...
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
After that, defrag your hard drive...
Reboot your pc...
Then close any programs that are running in the background..
Then run test, and when you do, let the benchmark run till the end..
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:20 am

Heh, ok. will run it again and get you the details. I was watching a little of thye test yesterday. The vids it was showing was cool as hell. Im sure its just a movie they through together to test video cards, but it reminded be of the Myst series of games...
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby MSNbot Media on Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:09 am

{Ru}Lord_Slayer wrote:Heh, ok. will run it again and get you the details. I was watching a little of thye test yesterday. The vids it was showing was cool as hell. Im sure its just a movie they through together to test video cards, but it reminded be of the Myst series of games...

Hate to bore you with details, but there is a buttload of stuff going on in these tests...Textures, lighting, graphic detail, bump mapping, etc...
Here's some info from thier site...
3DMark05 Game Tests

* Game Test 1: Return to Proxycon
The numerous lights in the ceiling of the hangar are approximated with a directional light from above. This is generating dynamic shadows using a 2048x2048 resolution depth map. Additionally here are a number of point lights filling the total lighting nicely, but these mostly don't add shadows to save some system load. The corridor has point lights throwing shadows, using a 512x512x6 cube depth map each, and some are masked and animated as the turning warning light at the end of the corridor. There are all in all 8 light sources in the game test level, two directional and the rest point lights.

* Game Test 2 - Firefly Forest
This scene is a nice example of a smaller scale outdoor scene with rich vegetation. Immediate visibility is not so far, and there is a skybox surrounding the whole scene. There are a large number of trees, all swaying in the light breeze, the branches swinging separately, and there is dense vegetation on the ground. The vegetation on the ground is actually one of the key interests in this test. It is dynamically distributed where needed, according to the camera movements. Its level of detail is also dynamically altered depending on the distance to the camera. The other key interest in this scene is the amazing lighting and dynamic shadow system. This scene really is ideal for showing the benefits of perspective shadow maps.

* Game Test 3 - Canyon Flight
This test gives an example of a large scale outdoor scene. The scene is fairly complex with large areas of water reflecting the high canyon walls. The water actually is one of the key points of interest in this scene. The water not only does realistic looking reflections and refractions, it has a depth fog, making the sea monster swimming under the airship actually look deep down in the water. The air in this scene also uses a volumetric fog, making distant cliffs of the canyon really look far away.
MSNbot Media
Forum Member - 1st Class
Forum Member - 1st Class

Postby AdsBot [Google] on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:03 pm

cool info..heh.
AdsBot [Google]
Forum Colonel
Forum Colonel

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:26 pm

You can disable the CPU tests to get a faster GPU Test result

Previous

Return to The Circuit Board