well ill be damned

Patches, new games, free games, cheats for games, etc...

well ill be damned

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 pm

just got a e-mail from penguin city today. it looks like gawain is going to be putting up a 64 person map votable server. i may have to blow the dust off my cd and check it out. i wonder if crym and headshot still play. i cant find any new fps game i like or can play do to my old computer so what the hell. i saw rapture,dell and another old reg whom i cant remember support the idea. i wish it would of been 24 hour beach.lol
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: well ill be damned

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 am

.. and when will this server be up? I wouldn't mind playing a few rounds to see if it populates or not. I would imagine some of the folks from the other dying servers will collect there as well. Now the question is: will it be PB enabled (for what little that matters I guess)?
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:14 pm

SERVER IS UP AND BEING TESTED. I GUESS ITS REALLY S,OOTH AND LAG FREE. I GUESS ITS RUNNING ON A ULTRA FAST SERVER.DARN CAPS. hes looking for admins and i know i could dop it.but not sure if i want too deal with that.but it will be fun yo play again.it would really make my day totp game with some of u again.oh yeah,at will be punkbuster enabled.

http://www.newpenguincity.org/forum/vie ... php?t=2192

wow i cant believe all the old regs coming out of the woodwork.and 1 of them is named headshot.woot
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 pm

You mother heffer.. I go through the trouble of getting the Wolf game up and running and not a damn person is online. PC NW is the name of the server currently but no one is on it. Ugh.. shame.. such a shame. I think if Id would just release the source code of the game for public download.. we'd have more options instead of most non-hacking folks having to buy a nearly decade old game...

I came.. I saw.. and I left the server after about 8 minutes. 8)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 am

the server is still be tweaked in. They were having some crash issues and were getting trying to get the server updated to 1.41. I know they were having some issues with it. I have the game installed and played for about 30 minutes on ecgn last night. I did ok for not playing for awhile. I kept above a 1.0 ratio but was only shooting about 28%.anyway back to newbies. I think they hope to have it going tonight.when I first tried playing I kept getting a punkbuster kick for a ui_mp86.dll failed pure server check. Rapture told me that was a security error and to run ga,e in xp comatibilty mode and ru nas admin. The running as admin made the error go awat. But gawain says that error I got was the problem they were having with the server on every map change. so there trying to resolve that.anyway just fo to penguin forums and keep yourself updated. Ill be playing tonight.if NW isnt up I will play on ecgn. We need to find a vent we can use. I wonder if the one we were using is still up. demon was saying he had a 32 man vent server that can ve used for wolf but I dont think he posted the info on it yet.
Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Your timing was aweful. I had just walked in the front door of the mechanic shop to pick up my van when the phone rang. I didnt recognise the number so I just turned the phone off so I could take care of my bussiness.hope to see ya on tonight maybe.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:11 pm

glider and I have been playing rtcw for about 20 min now on ecgn. so far its been all beach
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:31 pm

hmmm bummer. glider and I had a blast tonight. ECGn was and still is playing all beach. The last round I was 41 kills 35 deaths and a 42% accuracy
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Didn't get to the computer room until after 10.. and I'll check to see if you are on but I doubt it. :P
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:55 pm

were going on now for a bit.not sure how long
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Fun.. super fun games. I got a little bit of a rush playing. Got frustrated too.. couldn't figure out how to select my spawn points. I would press 'i' to see my information scroll text that tells me what I had it assigned to.. but it wasn't listed. I guess I'll have to look in the configs.. ugh.

Glider shot me down something fierce.. of course you also got me like 4 times in one round. Had to grit my teeth on that one... :finga:
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 am

im not all tweaked in either yet. I dont have my spawn points set in as well as all my vsay commands.Still got to hotkey by zoom in case I choose to snipe/ But im having a blast.when I play beach I do great. Evert other map only soso, but once I relearn them im sure I will do fine.played a bit yesterday on beach against a stacked team. We couldnt even make it past upper base. But I usally killed 2 before they killed me so my ratio was good.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:08 am

You know.. this reminds me of when we’d play as a clan on Xian’s beach against stacked teams.. and would crush them. It only took about 3-4 Ru clanners to turn the tide using good teamwork for very tough matches. When we would get up to 5 or more.. we’d crush the other side just about every round. This was without Ventrillo too.

I have been thinking about getting a Vent server for our use since it’s not too expensive for a year. We only need a 10-man server, which wouldn’t even be full most of the time I would guess unless something changes. ;)
Anyway, is there interest in this or do you want to just use the free one. The links are still posted in the forums for the IPs. I'd have to go home and start up the Vent to get the exact information or search here to find the Vent information for Chicago.
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:42 pm

well its completely up to you. if were going to start wolfing it up regularly which me and Glider plan ro do, vent makes it that much more fun. of course I have no problem using the free ones as long as we dont get those ass hats coming and blowing the horn on us and changing there names so we cant mute them
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:49 am

Ok.. I'll take a look at the prices again and post back. It's either $10-15 bucks for a year. More to come...
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to Gaming Discussion