Forum Bugs..

Any information needing to be transmitted to forum users.

Forum Bugs..

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:37 pm

Greetings!

I've noticed a bug in the login function. When you type in your password/login correctly it will give you a 404 error page. Well.. that's a bug folks. I'll be working on that in the next few weeks to get that fixed. I think you are ok if you select the "Leave me logged in all the time" option.

Temporary solution: Once you get the 404 Error page (the plain white one, not the copyrighted page) just click BACK and then the FORUM INDEX link in the upper left hand column. Once the main forum page is back open you can see that the LOGIN option at the top has changed to indicate that you now can LOG OUT. It's just a bug.. and luckily the only one I know of. [-o<

-Mordi
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:55 pm

No bugs like the above have been reported. It was associated with me using a temporary address to build our site only. So there is no login bug.

Also sorry for the inconvienence this morning for the down website. There were some last minute changes last night that screwed up the routing page.. unknown to me.

-Mordi
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:56 pm

I've noticed that sometimes there is an issue with posting private messages or even posting. You get a debug mode error.. but long story short.. sorry for the issues and I'll check in on what the issues might be. I know this morning it said something like the mail server was down for sending messages.

-EIN

Postby Baidu [Spider] on Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:13 pm

Yea i actually had that this morning. It happens from time to time, not every day for me, but happens.
Baidu [Spider]
Forum Sergeant First Class

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:49 am

The thing is with the "DEBUG MODE, COULDN'T GET MAIL SERVER RESPONSE CODE"..

Cause:

You try to send either a PM or post to a thread.

Result:

It errors out with the above or similar message.

Comment:

The PM or post will/has gone through. The actual issue is that when a member has his/her profile set up to be notified by mail of a response from another member.. the auto email trigger is actually what's getting bombed out. I have mine turned off.. and I don't know if the people with it turned on are actually getting email when the above error is being posted. I think it's something internal with the host.. and I need to get off my bum to ask some questions or find if this is a bug in phpBB or not. I think it's the host though.. just my gut feeling. Anyway, the main concern is that your post or PM is getting to the parties.. just they may not be notified by email about it. This would be hard to test because when you get the error.. 5 seconds later it might work ok.. and you wouldn't know if your party experienced a missing email from a post or not.

Looks like unless it is a phpBB issue.. this will just be an annoyance.
-EIN
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:29 pm

I'll put my money on it being the hosts sendmail and/or mysql install. Probably maxed out or doing maintenance when those messages pop up, it's nothing that is too troublesome.
FAST WebCrawler [Crawler]
Forum Sergeant
Forum Sergeant

Postby FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:30 pm

I'll put my money on it being the hosts sendmail and/or mysql install. Probably maxed out or doing maintenance when those messages pop up, it's nothing that is too troublesome.

The funny thig, I just tried to post this and got a:
Couldn't get mail server response codes

DEBUG MODE

Line : 164

LMFAO!
FAST WebCrawler [Crawler]
Forum Sergeant
Forum Sergeant

Postby Baidu [Spider] on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:00 pm

:lol:
Baidu [Spider]