skelp farming

Welcome to yet another facet of our gaming clan! General how-to's, help, meeting times, new players can link up here with Ru Guild members. Those interested in joining the Ru Guild, please inquire within and have some ale with us traveller!

skelp farming

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Well Bubba I now know what scelp are. There those little buggers we run by on are way to Slavers exile and the Voltaic spear farm. There are a few way to farm there. The really hard way is with a 55 monk but like I said it is suppose to be very hard. You can 600 smite them, but then your sharing your drops with the hero or person who joins you. Probably the easiest build is the perma sin raptor farming build. Out of all the scelp, theres only one that can hurt you through shadow form and that is the scelp scourage. He does some nasty aol damage but it takes quite a bit of time to recast it. SO as soon as you see your health start to slowly go down , cast shadow refuge, because after the first couple slow health drops you get theres some serious spike damage you get. The scourage usally dies first so after that your good to go. The best farming is way down by that rope bridge you cross. Dont cross it but before it theres a large group of skelp afflicted and 2 large groups of skelp reapers. None of which can hurt you . Thats where I got most of my drops. ANd added note. As your running down the main path, you will see 3 differnt groups of skelp reapers to your right. Theres 2 to a group. If you hurry to them and have them chase you back to the main path a bit, thats a couple extra kills. if you dont hurry to them or pull them to thr main path a group of stark will run over to them and kill them. Anyway I did one run and here are my results. Im pretty satisfied.Took about 25 minutes.

{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Re: skelp farming

Postby {Ru}Bubba on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:42 pm

ok sweet, thanks, i ran all over tarnished haven looing for them lol.
{Ru}Bubba
That is how I roll!
That is how I roll!

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks for posting this.
Let them hate.. so long as they FEAR!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 pm

thinking about it more, once you finish the first run,it probably maked better sense just to run to slavers exile dungeon. then just keep on rezoning there and clearing the very easy 18 skelp by the rope bridgeJust think of the money you can rake it for fast claw farming
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Where is Mr. Nick I wonder.. I bet he's in the map.. ;)
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:07 pm

For a time, you could sell 15 for 10k at the beginning of the week.. but now you cannot. My last batch I sold for 525g each (but they were still selling for about 750g each at the time if you wanted to wait). I've had an ok time of it this week. Didn't make any real money but didn't have any trouble getting the items either.
-EIN
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:48 pm

yeah the skelp didnt make me much money either.

All kidding aside, I farmed them hard the first 2 days. By rezoning in slavers exile I was able to farm 30 skelp claws per hour. I sold them all for 800 gold a piece. SO I was making about 24k a hour.It was some nice pocket change. I thought I was gonna make some money on anohter mans poorness/ But so far, im begining to wonder. A guy was selling a unded mini asuran for 75k. A hour later he was selling it for 60k. I offered him 30k and he replies ,thats a bit low dont you think. I said thats all I have. He said there worth at least 50k . He then kept lowering the price 5k at a time for meto which I kept saying no. He said he was hard up for cash. In the end, he grr'ed and sold it to me for 30k. Ive been periodicly trying to sell it for 60k. But the best offer ive gotten on it was 40k. WHat a bummer. I guess there not worth much anymore. Well if any of you want it for 40k let me know. Ill sell it to you.Otherwise im going to ask just 50k for it in game and if someone offers me 40 I guess ill part with only making 10k.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Sorry. The Asuran is no longer for sale. Im riding on the woot woot train. :wiggle:

{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Well, I don't think you got 140k out of it.. but what was the final price? Just curious...
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Postby {Ru}Lord_Slayer on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:59 pm

{Ru}EINHANDER wrote:Well, I don't think you got 140k out of it.. but what was the final price? Just curious...

a guy was looking to buy a unded asuran for 95k. SO I said, Thats kind of low dont you think. :lol: But out of the kindness of my heart, I sold it to him for a 65k profit.
{Ru}Lord_Slayer
{Ru} Clan Member
{Ru} Clan Member

Postby {Ru}EINHANDER on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:17 pm

That's certainly interesting.. it would seem you were at the right place at the right time for sure. Nice profit all the same!
{Ru}EINHANDER
Recon Unit Dictator
Recon Unit Dictator

Return to Dragon's Scale Pub